A manufacturer and distributor of products in agricultural chemicals is looking for a Logistics Controller.
The ideal candidate will have 3 years’ hands-on experience in a distribution, production or warehousing environment and will have knowledge of Syspro and of all Acts, i.e. hazardous, chemicals, road transportation, etc.
Job description / core competencies:
- Respond to retail stock requests from agents.
- Ordering of stock from suppliers.
- Arranging transport for orders.
- Expediting and communication of requests with agents.
- Managing forecasts and stock levels at agent warehouses.
- Perform relief support for other members of the department.
- Participating in stock take processes.
- Ad hoc duties.
- Assistant to Warehouse Co-ordinator.
- Filing and scanning of paperwork.
- Adhere to all internal control policies of the company.
- To comply with all requirements of ISO 9002 standards.
- Uphold and work according to all internal and external safety guidelines.
- Comply with all Safety, Health and Environmental standards within the Group.
Location (country, city): Gauteng, South Africa
Job Qualification & Experience:
Qualifications / Experience:
- Minimum education: Matric (Grade 12).
- Minimum 3 years’ hands-on experience in a distribution, production or warehousing environment.
- Computer literate on Microsoft Excel and Word which is a prerequisite.
- Knowledge of Syspro would be an advantage.
- Knowledgeable of all Acts, i.e. hazardous, chemicals, road transportation, etc.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Work standards.
- Planning and organising.
- Problem solving.
- Safety awareness.
A agricultural chemicals manufacturer and distributor.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Logistics Controller, Gauteng – Ref: 1152029
To view our other job listings, click here