Responsible for the development of the Mining, Minerals and Metals Industry in Sub-Equatorial Africa. Reports to: Head of Department Marketing.
Are you ready for a new career change? Do you have over a decade of experience and process knowledge in Mining, Minerals & Metals? Our client is a company that many of our candidates dream to work for due to their global credibility that they have earned in the industry. This position does not require extensive travel (in Africa 4 times per year; international 1-2 times per year).
Reports to: Head of Department Marketing
Primary purpose: Responsible for the development of the Mining, Minerals and Metals Industry in Sub-Equatorial Africa.
Required travelling: In Africa 4 times per year / International, 1-2 times per year
Job description / core competencies:
- Responsible for the development of the local industry plan and strategic actions out of the global industry strategic paper in accordance with the local opportunities and needs.
- Together with the local stake holders (Sales, Projects and Services), the LIM (Local Industry Manager) defines a 3-5-year business plan, including a yearly action plan, in order to reach the targets defined. The plan will be in accordance with the industry planning template and updated bi-annually.
- Manage and lead the Local Industry Group.
- Direct, market and grow the industry business activities by providing leadership, direction and technical/application guidance to the sales force.
Deployment of the integrated offering (products, services, solutions) in the related industry by:
- Monitoring the progress of the Mining, Minerals and Metals Industry offering within the regions and give feedback in a monthly Dashboard and at required meetings.
- Understanding the eco-system of the industry in Sub- Equatorial Africa, including pricing structures.
- Responsible for product launches and phase outs in the industry.
- Strongly supports customer development of strategic accounts and key players in the country.
- Actively promotes the industry value proposition in Sub-Equatorial Africa.
- Conducts training for sales, sales partners and customers.
- Preparing of marketing tools (brochures, selection guides, presentations, articles, etc.)
- Executing marketing actions (e.g: customers seminars, campaign, etc.) in the regions.
- Responsible for achieving the product budgets within the industry plan.
- Responsible for product demonstrations with input and direction from the Product Manager.
- Providing pre-sales industry and application support to the Sales and Projects department.
- Participating in customer visits and/or strategic visits as required with sales.
Gathers and acts upon local market intelligence for his industry:
- Actively involved in Industry associations and networks.
- Gather information to define market size, share, and growth of the industry.
- The LIM identifies long term market trends (market requirement, upcoming legislation) in Sub-Saharan Africa and participates in the industry network.
- The LIM provides quarterly report about the activities in its country to the Global Industry Manager in accordance to the industry template.
Planned strategic customer visits
- To do 3 planned visits per week and log 12 planned visit reports per month.
Customer seminars and events
- To carry out customer/industry events as planned in the strategic industry initiatives and on specific requests from sales or customers.
- Ensure that product launches are done proactively in the industry.
- Implement sustainable marketing activities to increase market awareness.
- Provide input to the Marcom Manager on technical and application articles as well as product press releases – at least one per month.
- Ensure that assistance is given to the Marcom Manager (Marketing Communications Manager) w.r.t Salesman’s Guides and other marketing tools to the sales force in selling products and solutions.
- Training of internal staff and customers when required, or on scheduled dates in accordance to the training.
Rendering support for the Industry
- Providing technical product pre-sales support to the sales, projects and service departments.
- Assistance to Service department in the After-Sales phase if required.
Location (country, city): Gauteng
Job Qualification & Experience:
Education + experience required:
- National Diploma in Industrial Instrumentation/ Electronic Engineering or Chemical/ Process Engineering
- In-depth knowledge of Measurement Principles
- In-depth knowledge of SAP & BAP
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid Passport
Specific experience and other qualities:
- Marketing or Sales Training
- At least 10 years of experience in sales / service in plant processes
- At least 8 years’ experience in the Mining, Minerals & Metals Industry
- Post-graduate or Degree in Marketing
- Diploma in Marketing / BTech in Engineering
Personal attributes and skills required competencies (skills, knowledge and characteristics of an incumbent):
- Good communication skills (written and oral)
- Good organisation and planning skills
- Good presentation skills
- Strong customer liaison skills
- Good media relations skills
- Good supplier liaison skills
- Good strategic thinking & deployment skills
- Good business development planning skills
- Negotiation skills
- Analytical skills
- Develop a working knowledge of the Mining, Minerals & Metals Industry
- Understanding of local media
A global leading supplier for industrial process engineering. Excellent values, morals & ethics. Innovative and creative. Their products set standards in quality and technology. They operate as a family owned business, although they employ more than 14000 people, with an annual turnover of more than 2 million Euros and over 7,900 patents and patent applications. They provide process solutions for flow, level, pressure, analytics, temperature, recording and digital communications, optimizing processes in terms of economic efficiency, safety & environmental impact.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Local Industry Manager – Mining, Minerals and Metals, Gauteng – Ref: 1208855
Local Industry Manager
To view our other job listings, click here.