A leading, industrial IoT company developing AI-Augmented solutions, is looking for a young passionate, driven, and organized Junior Project manager to provide PM and coordination assistance to the PM team. This is a wonderful opportunity for someone who has good coordination skills to enter the PM space, especially in software and infrastructure project management.
Requirements: 2-5 years’ experience as a project coordinator/junior project manager along with a relevant Degree (Engineering, IT or Sciences) Certification in Project Management (Example PMI-CAPM, PMI-PMP or Prince2). Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Teams, and Microsoft Project. Basic understanding of contract management (i.e., Bespoke and GCC). Proven track record of successful project delivery (on time and within budget) of moderate to large/complex projects (>R1 million) is an advantage. Experience working with Project Management tools (PWA, Jira and more) is advantageous.
Job description / core competencies:
- Meet with project sponsors to develop a project charter and statement of works.
- Manage projects and deliverables in a fairly complex environment (such as IT, production and industrial sites for large corporate clients in South Africa and abroad). Engage with stakeholders, coordinate internal resources, and liaise with third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Ensure that all assigned projects are delivered on-time, within scope and in budget.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Occasional site visits as required by project.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
- Share/discuss project plan with client and internal team.
- Manage changes and project controls to the project scope, schedule, and costs. Report and escalate variances or any project risk to management as needed.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with clients, internal teams and third parties/vendors. Continuously perform risk management to minimize project risks across the project lifecycle.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Meet with clients regularly to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project.
- Make use of relevant PM tools and techniques to measure project performance and progress (Measuring if long term and short-term goals are met).
- Meet budgetary objectives and adjust project constraints based on financial analysis.
Location (country, city): Somerset West, Western Cape
Job Qualification & Experience:
- A University degree in Engineering, IT or Sciences.
- Certification in Project Management (Example PMI-CAPM, PMI-PMP or Prince2).
- 2-5 years’ experience as a project coordinator/junior project manager.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to multitask. Will deal with multiple projects at once (Should be able to assist/manage 8 or more projects at a time).
- Highly accurate with strong attention to detail.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Teams, and Microsoft Project.
- Proven track record of successful project delivery (on time and within budget) of moderate to large/complex projects (>R1 million) is an advantage.
- Basic understanding of contract management (i.e. Bespoke and GCC).
- Experience working with Project Management tools (PWA, Jira and more) is advantageous.
A leading, industrial IoT company developing AI-Augmented solutions. Well-reputed for signal processing, enterprise-level software engineering, and deep domain expertise they design and develop technologies that solve problems, and add value, to key global industries.
Their client base spans multiple continents including, but not limited to, Africa, Australasia and South America. They boast a very dynamic and highly qualified team, passionate about their respective fields.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Junior Project Manager (AI-enabled machine vision systems), Somerset West, Western Cape – Ref: 1208469-9
Junior Project Manager (AI-enabled machine vision systems)
To view our other job listings, click here