This is an excellent opportunity for a young or evenly newly graduated Mechanical Engineer to enter formal employment and gain experience in the automotive industry. The company is a joint venture with a massive network of dealerships across South Africa and a number of African countries. As the Junior Mechanical Engineer, you will mainly be involved on the production/assembly side of the business which, on average, produces between 600 and 800 heavy vehicles per year. You will report directly to the Head of Engineering and Technical, therefore a great opportunity to learn, be mentored and set yourself up for a very promising career in the automotive industry as a whole.
No prior working experience is required, however if you have been exposed to this sort of automotive/workshop environment (through vacation work for example) it will definitely count in your favour.
Do read further if this appeals to you: Create and maintain process sheets for vehicle assembly. Troubleshoot production line problems. Troubleshoot bill of material changes. Work as a team to introduce new models.
Reports to: Head of Engineering and Technical
Key internal relationships: Production team
Job description / core competencies:
- Create and maintain process sheets for vehicle assembly.
- Troubleshoot production line problems.
- Troubleshoot bill of material changes.
- Work as a team to introduce new models.
- Work as a team to introduce and evaluate quality and efficiency improvements to the production line.
- Maintain technical specifications on parts.
- Record and capture information such as data, pictures, etc.
- Evaluate employees’ tasks and responsibilities.
Location (country, city): Pietermaritzburg, KZN
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Mechanical Engineering degree (B.Tech or B.Eng)
- Computer literate (intermediate level)
- Software programs:
- MS Excel – intermediate
- Adobe PDF
- MS Word – intermediate
- Team player
- Experience: 0-2 years
- Knowledge of automotive and workshop environments will be an advantage
- Ability to explain concepts and work well with production personnel
- Advanced problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Junior Mechanical Engineer (B.Tech or B.Eng, 0 – 2 years of experience) for Automotive Company based in Pietermaritzburg – Ref: 1208038
Junior Mechanical Engineer
To view our other job listings, click here