Our client is a leader in the banking industry and focusses on growing, motivating and encouraging their employees to their full potential.
They currently have a position for a Junior Marketing Assistant to manage Wealth and Investment marketing and communication and assist in driving operational marketing activities, which delivers to the strategic marketing plan aligned to business strategic objective.
The ideal candidate will have a Degree in Marketing with 5 – 7 years’ working experience in Marketing and Communications, experience in Financial Services is preferable. Work experience required in advertising, media, eventing, digital and PR agencies and research houses to ensure effective implementation of activities.
Type: 6-Month Contract
Primary purpose: Manage Wealth and Investment Marketing & Communication Initiatives across South Africa and Africa.
- Execute on the marketing and communication plan for Wealth and Investment.
- Ensure that marketing activities contribute to the overall Wealth and Investment strategy and continuously drive proof points of our capabilities.
- Ensure alignment of the Africa region’s marketing plans and collaboration with International teams.
- Ensure that marketing activity and plans are aligned to and part of brand strategy, policy, standards and guidelines.
- Ensure a global aligned marketing plan with local execution.
- Management of the corporate identity and visual style.
- Execute on initiatives to position the Wealth and Investment business both internally and externally.
- Ensure close alignment with Human Capital in driving the People and Brand focus within the business.
- Execute on the development and implementation of a digital strategy and plan.
- Ensure that marketing has a deep understanding of Wealth and Investment strategy and deliver appropriate activities to support this. Drive a relationship where marketing is viewed as a trusted and challenging partner.
- Share Wealth and Investment Marketing strategy and plans with the team and provide appropriate support in order for them to leverage plans across geographies.
- Business and Relationship Management.
- Play a key part in the marketing team structure to effectively support business requirements.
- Effective implementation of Wealth and Investment marketing plans in line with business unit objectives and strategy.
- Leverage Marketing and Communications specialists to ensure effective delivery of plans.
- Work closely and manage agency and supplier contracts and relationships.
- Stakeholder engagement.
- Effective leveraging of the Group Sponsorship properties.
- Commission appropriate research, through Strategic Insights Team, to develop relevant client insights to give direction to the Marketing and Communications Strategy.
- Translate and analyse research results to influence business action.
- Monitor relevant competitor activity and take appropriate action if required.
- Develop and maintain effective and mutually beneficial relationships with Wealth and Investment, and country heads.
- Develop and maintain mutually beneficial and effective relationships with country marketing managers.
- Marketing and Communications specialists in order to effect agreed plans.
- Develop and maintain mutually beneficial and effective relationships with creative, digital media, PR, eventing and communication agencies.
- Represent Wealth and Investment Marketing at key strategic forums.
- Drive and oversee client hospitality and eventing plans in support of deeper client relationships.
- Work with advertising, media, eventing, digital and PR agencies and research houses to ensure effective implementation of activities together with relevant specialists.
Location (country, city): Rosebank, Gauteng
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Degree in Marketing.
- Manage Wealth and Investment Marketing & Communication Initiatives across South Africa and Africa; work experience with advertising, media, eventing, digital and PR agencies and research houses to ensure effective implementation of activities together with relevant specialists.
- 5 – 7 years’ work experience in Marketing and Communications.
- Experience in Financial Services is preferable.
- Proven Track record in converting organisational knowledge and target audience insights into executable communication plans.
- Competency in Brand Management.
- The ability to use marketing techniques to increase the perceived value of the organisation over time and build customer loyalty through positive brand awareness.
- Proficiency Level: ADVANCED – Mastered the concept, able to act independently, provides guidance and training to others.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Junior Marketing Assistant, Wealth and Investment – Financial Services (6-Month Fixed-Term Contract) – Ref: 1155040-2
Junior Marketing Assistant
To view our other job listings, click here.