A Java EE Systems Architect position has just become available with one of our clients in the banking services industry.
Suitable candidates must be in possession of previous programming experience / knowledge of programming principles, a Bachelor’s or Masters’ degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field; 10 years’ work experience in IT including IT strategy development, IT applications, IT operations and Enterprise Architecture, extensive Java EE development experience as well as experience with Linux and containerisation.
Key work outputs (results required):
• Business profitability information technology services – drive business profitability in the context of cost management through information technology solutions.
• Cost effectiveness – increase operational efficiency and suggest solutions to enhance cost effectiveness.
• Service models – develop and implement differentiated service models for client segments.
• IT business and partnership management – cultivate and manage objective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including end-users, SME’s, Project Managers and senior staff members by providing input to business requirements.
• System communication on requirements – liaise and communicate the system requirements to the developers.
• Infrastructure components for system architecture delivery – provide infrastructure components that are used by all the domains within the architecture by providing a generalist view of technologies, both current and cutting edge; and deliver enterprise standards, assist with architecture specifications, development and integration.
• Infrastructure system architecture analysis and research – analyse the current technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement by analysing technology industry and market trends and determine their potential impact on the enterprise.
• Technical architecture documentation management – document necessary technical architecture design and analysis work, possibly including project post mortem documentation and metric collection and deliver enterprise standards by assisting with architecture specifications, development and integration.
• Innovation / creativity – searches for and initiates novel and inventive ideas, methods and approaches.
• Information technology functional expertise – provide functional expertise to troubleshoot highly complex problems, or present/market new technology or solutions for business.
• IT solution architecture and frameworks – establish architectural standards and frameworks and assess functional and process risks on projects by collaborating with other architects to translate the customer’s requirements. Identify, justify and design a specific solution that meets business requirements.
o Champions and leads the architectural governance process to establish architectural standards.
o Ensures architectural direction is properly aligned with business need and priority.
o Provides leadership to solution architect / technical lead resources on project teams to design complex solution and technical architectures and to consult with internal customers on potential solutions to meet business needs.
• IT solutions operational execution – provide guidance to operations teams and other System Analysts on the design, development and testing of a new solution, and work with assigned project teams to ensure a smooth implementation of changes to existing systems.
Location (country, city): Gauteng, Johannesburg
Job Qualification & Experience:
• Previous programming experience/knowledge of programming principles necessary.
• Bachelor’s or Masters’ degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
• 10 years’ work experience in IT including IT strategy development, IT applications, IT operations and Enterprise Architecture.
• Extensive Java EE development experience.
• Experience with Linux and containerisation.
• Personal Development – Manage own development to increase own competencies.
• IT System and Support Training – Provision of training on current systems as and when required.
• People Management – Plan and manage performance, skills development, employment equity, talent and culture of team in order to improve innovation, achieve efficiencies and increase competencies.
• Decisiveness and Action Orientation – Makes firm and, if necessary, swift decisions, sometimes with limited information; assesses risk and accepts responsibility for the resulting action.
• Aesthetic Judgement – Identifies and applies principles of visual design (e.g., composition, colour, shape, balance and texture) to create visually compelling images that communicate desired messages.
• Innovation / creativity – Searches for and initiates novel and inventive ideas, methods and approaches.
• Analysis and Attention to Detail – Precise, systematic and rule-oriented in gathering, reviewing and evaluating data from a variety of perspectives; includes the ability to work with precision and highlight inaccuracies and inconsistencies in detailed information.
• Objectivity – The capacity to separate one’s own feelings, views, beliefs and attitudes from a situation by remaining impartial and non-judgmental.
• Problem-solving – Cuts to the core of issues and applies effective analysis, logic and creativity to identify and implement solutions.
• Building relationships – Puts people at ease and builds sound relationships based on mutual trust and openness.
• Verbal and Written Communication (including Listening) – Listens attentively, presents information in a clear manner and responds appropriately to the verbal and written communication of others; includes the ability to regulate delivery in response to the needs of the target audience.
• Building the Brand – Shows pride in the organisation’s brand, services and products; always act to preserve and enhance brand value and behave in a way that delivers the brand’s promise.
• Environmental Scanning – Able to identify and integrate trends in the organisation, industry and global context, combined with the capacity to articulate their potential impact.
• Creative Opportunism – Creates potential in a variety of situations, identifying and initiating unique ways of viewing and responding to opportunities.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Java EE Systems Architect, Gauteng, Johannesburg – Ref: 1151061-1
Java EE Systems Architect
To view our other job listings, click here.