Our client is an IT solution, services and consulting company specialising in infrastructure solutions, hosting and internet services. They are currently in need of an IT Support Graduate to provide support, continuous monitoring and system maintenance of Linux infrastructures, Windows applications and servers, ISP equipment and telephonic services for both internal and external clients.
The ideal candidate will assist IT Engineers with support on products and have a relevant qualification (A+, N+) with an interest in growing him/herself and their knowledge in networking, networking implementations and Windows server experience.
Previous knowledge and experience in the following will be beneficial: Install, configure and maintain wireless networks; VOIP installation and support; Fiber and Copper Networks experience; Network Architecture Design and Implementation.
Reports to: Managing Director.
Primary purpose: The primary responsibility of the IT Support Graduate will be to support, monitor and maintain Linux infrastructures, Windows applications and servers, ISP equipment and telephonic services for both internal and external clients.
Job description / core competencies:
- Assist IT Engineers with support on products.
- Perform desktop support to all clients allocated.
- Visit client sites weekly for checklist completion on all equipment.
- User administration.
- Linux system administration on all infrastructure systems.
- Password and identity management.
- Manage, monitor and troubleshoot the infrastructure environment (physical and virtual).
- Network architecture design and implementation.
- Maintain network standards at all sites.
- Fiber and Copper Networks.
- VOIP installation and support (Asterisk).
- Give thorough feedback to customers.
- Conduct research & development on infrastructure systems for best practices.
- Install, configure and maintain Linux and Windows servers and services.
- Install, configure and maintain wireless networks.
- Create and modify automation and configuration scripts (Bash/Python/PHP).
- Coordinate and execute repair activities on all Infrastructure Systems and services.
- Setup, monitor and maintain backup protocols for all infrastructure and clients.
Location (country, city): Stellenbosch
Job Qualification & Experience:
Grade 12 with a relevant qualification (A+, N+).
Previous knowledge and experience in the following will be beneficial:
- Install, configure and maintain wireless networks;
- VOIP installation and support;
- Fiber and Copper Networks experience;
- Network Architecture Design and Implementation;
- Networking, networking implementations and windows server experience.
Our Client is an IT Services and Consulting Company who’s goal is to change the way people and businesses think about IT Solutions, specialising in: Infrastructure solutions, Hosting, Internet Services and Consulting, with a personalised touch and by enabling our clients to deal with real people who continuously work on creating better and more affordable solutions without losing quality.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
IT Support Graduate, Stellenbosch – Ref: 1156604-1
IT Support Graduate
After that To view our other job listings, click here.