Our client is a well-known designer and manufacturer of bespoke vibrating and materials handling equipment solutions in Africa. They require an Internal Sales Consultant to promote and build the company image, manage the internal sales process for manufactured parts and buy-outs as well as to manage the screen refurbishment and gearbox repair programme.
The ideal incumbent will have university degree in a technical field or equivalent work experience in a technical environment, preferably manufacturing and/or mining. Important experience includes exposure in mining and related industries and good vibrating screen/feeder and related machinery experience with plant and site exposure.
Reports to: Internal Sales Manager
Mobility: Moderate level of travelling involved and availability to travel must be flexible. Irregular working hours. Flexibility to travel in Africa or internationally if required.
- Promote and build the company image in the aftermarket by offering the customer value added service by maximizing and extending existing plant utilization and reducing life cycle running costs.
- Attend to customer requirements, possible planned site visits and site inspections, occasionally perform on-site training and provide on-going customer reassurance.
- Manage the screen refurbishment and gearbox repair programme.
- Manage internal sales process for manufactured parts and buy outs.
Job description / core competencies:
Your job description and key responsibilities includes, but is not limited to:
- Promote the company and its equipment and service offering with present and potential customers in the area. This will include:
- Occasionally scheduling customer visits.
- Providing the customer with 24/7 aftersales service.
- Possibly carrying out of installations and performing hot and cold commissioning of equipment.
- Reporting regularly on service and customer activities. Compile and submit reports outlining your site visits. Summarize key issues, opportunities and proposed actions.
- Examining installed equipment base and providing customer with on-site advice to extend plant life and promote company’s aftersales business.
- Always ensuring equipment reliability, serviceability, maintainability and operability.
- Secure aftersales income by identifying and securing:
- Customer RFQs for required on-site spares and fabricated parts.
- Customer RFQs for equipment to be refurbished or repaired.
- That the customer has sufficient on-site emergency stock at all times.
- Provide on-going customer reassurance:
- Provide customer with equipment and service information.
- Provide regular customer re-assurance and ensure customers are fully satisfied with company’s equipment, service and capability.
- Provide customer with immediate, on-site problem solving and solutions.
- Keep regular contact and build mutual trust and respect with customers, understand and attend to customer needs.
- Communicate needs to sales and service departments.
- Anticipate customer needs.
- Manage warrantee claims:
- Liaise with finance department in the opening and closing of warrantee claims and ensure accuracy of cost allocation.
- Investigation of claim and submission of a report detailing the findings of the investigation, including a root cause analysis and recommendations for conclusion of the claim.
- Ensure timeous conclusion of warrantee claims
- Manage the screen refurbishment and exciter repair programme:
- Write technical reports and prepare quotes for refurbishment / repair.
- Manage the status and information relating to customer quotes for refurbishments / repairs and obtain order numbers.
- Project manage and expedite customer orders and delivery of refurbished / repaired equipment.
- Manage the handling of scrap and ensure timeous removal from property.
- The requirement for commissioning – liaise with capital sales department.
- Technical equipment performance – liaise with service and technical department.
- Manage the internal sales process for manufactured parts:
- Ensure customers are accurately and timeously quoted for manufactured parts.
- Ensure orders are received for manufactured parts.
- Manage the status of customer orders and delivery dates, liaise with supply chain department relating to manufactured parts
Country: South Africa
Job Qualification & Experience:
- University degree in a technical field or equivalent work experience in a technical environment, preferably manufacturing and or mining.
- Experience and exposure in mining industry and related industries.
- Good vibrating screen/feeder and related machinery experience and plant and site exposure.
Skills and competencies:
- Technical understanding of bulk material handling and the comminution and separation business.
- Strong technical understanding of vibrating equipment.
- Good understanding of mining site plants and process engineering.
- Able to conduct technical site and equipment inspections and assessments.
- Ability to read engineering drawings.
- Sound judgement and problem-solving ability.
- Listening and logic interpretation.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Advanced communication skills.
- Must be flexible and self-reliant, self-starter.
- Excellent time management.
- Sound commercial reasoning.
- Strong understanding and compliance with Health and Safety in the workplace.
- Ability to function independently and with responsibility without direct supervision.
- The ability to make sound decisions related to identified problems without assistance.
- Ability to summarize and write professional technical customer reports.
- Follow-through ability to complete tasks.
- Computer Literacy – MS Office.
- Languages: English, Afrikaans and an African language will be an advantage.
Designer and manufacturer of bespoke vibrating and materials handling equipment solutions in Africa.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.