Do you like brokering value-creating solutions by bringing people, ideas and resources together? Do you have a knack for understanding what people really need and then supplying the resources and opportunities that may best serve those needs? Are you a clear and efficient communicator able to talk through ideas, challenges and solutions to create a collective way forward? Do you understand the immense value of networks, relationships and associations and do you invest in those relationships with a long-term view to the future value? If you answered yes to the above, this might be the career move you have been waiting for!
Our client, very well-known and respected in their industry, is looking for an Internal Sales Consultant with experience and exposure to the mining industry, a good technical understanding of bulk material handling and the comminution and separation business that is able to conduct technical site and equipment inspections and assessments.
Reports to: Internal Sales Manager
Travel requirements: Moderate level of travelling involved and availability to travel must be flexible. Irregular working hours. Flexibility to travel in Africa or internationally if required.
Languages: English, Afrikaans and an African language will be an advantage.
- Promote and build the company image in the aftermarket by offering the customer value added service by maximizing and extending his existing plant utilization and reducing life cycle running costs.
- Attend to customer requirements, possible planned site visits and site inspections, occasionally perform on-site training and provide on-going customer reassurance.
- Manage the screen refurbishment and gearbox repair programme.
- Manage internal sales process for manufactured parts and buy outs.
Job description includes, but is not limited to:
Promote the company and its equipment and service offering with present and potential customers in the area. This will include:
- Occasionally scheduling customer visits.
- Providing the customer with 24/7 after sales service.
- Possibly carrying out of installations and performing hot and cold commissioning of equipment.
- Report regularly on service and customer activities. Compile and submit reports outlining your site visits. Summarize key issues, opportunities and proposed actions.
- Examine installed equipment base and provide customer with on-site advice to extend plant life and promote company after-sales business.
- Always ensure equipment reliability, serviceability, maintainability and operability of company equipment.
Secure after sales income by identifying and securing:
- Customer RFQ’s for required on-site spares and fabricated parts.
- Customer RFQ’s for equipment to be refurbished or repaired.
- That the customer has sufficient on-site emergency stock at all times.
Provide on-going customer reassurance:
- Provide customer with company equipment and service information.
- Provide regular customer re-assurance and ensure customers are fully satisfied with company’s equipment, service and capability.
- Provide customer with immediate on-site problem solving and solutions.
- Keep regular contact and build mutual trust and respect with customers, understand and attend to customer needs.
- Communicate needs to company sales and service departments.
- Anticipate customer needs.
Manage Warrantee Claims:
- Liaise with finance department in the opening and closing of warrantee claims and ensure accuracy of cost allocation.
- Investigation of claim and submission of a report detailing the findings of the investigation, including a root cause analysis and recommendations for conclusion of the claim.
- Ensure timeous conclusion of warrantee claims
Manage the Screen Refurbishment and Exciter Repair programme:
- Write technical reports and prepare quotes for refurbishment / repair.
- Manage the status and information relating to customer quotes for refurbishments/repairs and obtain order numbers.
- Project manage and expedite customer orders and delivery of refurbished / repaired equipment.
- Manage the handling of scrap and ensure timeous removal from company property.
- The requirement for commissioning.
- Liaise with company Capital Sales department.
- Technical equipment performance.
- Liaise with company’s Service and Technical department.
Manage the Internal Sales Process for Manufactured Parts
- Ensure customers are accurately and timeously quoted for manufactured parts.
- Ensure orders are received for manufactured parts.
- Manage the status of customer orders and delivery dates – liaise with company Supply Chain department relating to manufactured parts.
Location (country, city): Johannesburg
Job Qualification & Experience:
- University Degree in a Technical Field or Equivalent Work experience in a Technical environment, preferably manufacturing and or mining.
- Experience and exposure in mining industry and related industries to be gained.
- Good vibrating screen/feeder and related machinery experience and plant and site exposure to be gained while performing this job.
Skills and competencies:
- Technical understanding of bulk material handling and the comminution and separation business.
- Strong technical understanding of vibrating equipment.
- Good understanding of mining site plants and process engineering.
- Able to conduct technical site and equipment inspections and assessments.
- Ability to read engineering drawings.
- Sound judgement and problem-solving ability.
- Listening and logic interpretation.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Advanced communication skills.
- Must be flexible and self-reliant, self-starter.
- Excellent time management.
- Sound commercial reasoning.
- Strong understanding and compliance with Health and Safety in the workplace.
- Ability to function independently and with responsibility without direct supervision.
- The ability to make sound decisions related to identified problems without assistance.
- Ability to summarize and write professional technical customer reports.
- Follow-through ability to complete tasks.
- Computer Literacy -MS Office
Manufacturer and supplier of Vibrating Screens, Decks and Feeders
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Internal Sales Consultant for Vibrating Equipment, Johannesburg – Ref: 1025845-14
Internal Sales Consultant
To view our other job listings, click here