Commissioning and maintenance of specialised level and flow process equipment with the main focus on tank gauging and related instrumentation, inclusive of all support activities for the product range. Reporting to General Manager. Great opportunity for personal development and growth.
Knowledge of tank gauging systems; resource allocation and management; milestone reporting with defined deliverables at each stage of a project.
Outstanding verbal and written communications skills; work in Sub-Saharan markets; ability to work at heights.
Job description / core competencies:
- Interface with sub-contractors and clients with regard to technical solutions and support.
- Ability to integrate various industrial systems communication protocols (with support from senior and lead Fiscal Technicians) as per client and business requirements.
- Prognosis and diagnosis with regard to fault finding on instrumentation.
- Coordinate and supervise site-related technical and safety activities.
- Projects and related activities including documentation to be managed within specified timeframes (with support from senior and lead Fiscal Technicians).
- Interface and supply reports with regard to customer-based maintenance activities and necessary interventions post service level agreement activities.
- Provide regular feedback with regard to tasks to management as defined by business requirements.
- Travelling will be required to attend to site requirements at various locations as needed by the client and the business.
- Customer support in the form of standby and callouts is required.
Location (country, city): Kwa-Zulu Natal
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Knowledge of tank gauging systems.
- Resource allocation and management.
- Milestone reporting with defined deliverables at each stage of a project.
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills.
- Work in Sub-Saharan markets.
- Ability to work at heights.
- Grade 12
- N4/N5 Electrical Engineering/Instrumentation or equivalent.
- Driver’s license (own vehicle essential).
- 2 – 3 years Instrumentation & Electrical experience.
- MS Office proficiency and understanding of hardware configuration.
- Standby and callouts required.
- Analyse issues and solve problems.
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks.
- Execute quality work with feedback according to deadlines business results.
- Show initiative; self-managed.
- Ability to function in a team.
A market leader in Southern Africa in the field of process control instrumentation providing world-renowned products, specialised training, after sales service and technical support.
The company provides world-renowned products, specialised training, engineering after sales service, service level agreements and technical support. They supply and support field devices and systems, helping businesses automate their production, processing and distribution in Oil & Gas, Refining, Mining, Minerals and Metals, Synfuels, Chemical Processing as well as Pulp and Paper, Power Generation, Food and Beverage and other industries.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Instrumentation Technician – Radar Tank Gauging (RTG), Kwa-Zulu Natal – Ref: 710238-14
To view our other job listings, click here