Join one of the biggest underground mines in the world. Our client Is looking for an expat Instrumentation Technician to be based in the DRC.
The ideal incumbent will have at least 10 years’ experience and preferably Allen Bradley PLC / SCADA experience. Gold experience will be an added benefit, however they will also consider other metalliferous minerals. Salary USD 6 000 – 8 000 per month (negotiable).
Reports to: Vertical Shaft Engineer
Travel requirements: Roster to be discussed
Job description / core competencies:
- Project planning, implementation and commissioning.
- PLC Programming (Allen Bradley RSLogix 5000).
- Maintenance of electrical and electronic instrumentation equipment including PLCs, variable frequency drives, MV and LV Allen Bradley.
- Provide technical advice and support to Engineers, Engineering Foremen, Artisans and Contractors.
- Ensure that modifications and Backup for PLCs and SCADA done accordingly.
- Estimate time, materials, and equipment required for projects; coordinate purchase of required materials.
- Managing, leading and providing guidance to instrumentation department.
- Creating and controlling plant maintenance notifications and works orders.
- Forward workload planning.
- Time management for instrumentation department.
- Equipment/spares ordering and controlling allocated budget.
- Planned Task Observations and Safe Behavioural Observations.
- Plan and procure spares timeously and according to company procedures.
- Provide supervision and implementation of safety procedures related to all task work to be performed.
- Ensure that operating and Capital Expenditure are spent according to the strategic Plan.
- Ensuring conformance to legal aspects required of respective equipment and daily tasks performed by team.
- Interacting with suppliers and contractors for equipment and installations.
- Plant maintenance on instrumentation and infrastructure.
- Optimizations, calibrations and ensuring effective control of automated systems.
- Provide supervision and training to Instrumentation team responsible for performing a wide variety of skilled tasks not limited to installation, repairs, troubleshooting, modification and calibration of instruments.
- Oversee the Control Room operation. Soft starters supervisory control data acquisition (SCADA) systems.
- Oversee all Instrumentation Projects and coordinate with external Contractors regarding project requirements and timelines.
Country: The DRC (North East DRC, 560km north east of the city of Kisangani and 150km west of the Ugandan border town of Arua).
Location: North east DRC
Job Qualification & Experience:
- At least 10yrs experience and preferably Allen Bradley PLC / SCADA experience.
- Mining experience, preferably gold mining.
One of the biggest underground mines in the world.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partners: Engineer Placements and MCHIR.