Solutions for a changing world. “Voted among the top employers to work for and 100 of Germany’s Most Attractive Employers – Engineering student 2017”.
One of the world’s top suppliers with ambitious growth targets. They set the global standard for excellence in a wide array of disciplines. They devise solutions that turn change into opportunity.
Our client is currently sourcing an Installation Manager to oversee plant installations, scheduling, budget controls and equipment management. The ideal incumbent will hold either a Bachelor’s/BTech degree with minimum 3 years of experience or a National Diploma in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering with 5-7 years of relevant experience. Essential experience includes plant installations or projects, staff management, performance management and leadership as well as experience in capital/budget management (OPEX, CAPEX). A PMP Certification will be an added advantage.
Reports to: Manufacturing Manager: Plant Engineering
Primary purpose: To oversee plant installations, scheduling, budget controls and equipment management.
Key performance areas:
- Ensure high quality plant installations and safety standards.
- Effectively managing risks, communicating risks to relevant stakeholders and identifying solutions.
- Ensure adherence to contract specifications and established policies and procedures.
- Supervise and control plant installation processes.
- Drive decision-making to ensure smooth installations, minimising delays and setbacks.
- Supervise and control planning activities for plant installation.
- Compile material and equipment list for installation.
- Order equipment and spares for installation.
- Plan and control plant installation to achieve targets.
- Report daily on progress, status, risk and issues associated with plant installation.
- Manage the project installation schedule, cost and scope maintaining accountability throughout the project for funds allocation, schedule and scope changes.
- Integrate the services provided by all relevant team members across the organisation to ensure that the full scope is delivered successfully within the manpower and budget requirements.
- Monitor the delivery of plant installation to ensure that deviations from the plan are adequately managed, communicated and rectified.
Country: South Africa
Location: Boskop, Potchefstroom
Job Qualification & Experience:
Essential knowledge and skills:
- Management and leadership of teams of installers who are responsible for installing, servicing and repairing structures and major components.
- An in-depth understanding and working knowledge of the manufacturing environment.
- Contract/contractor management knowledge and skills.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Experience in planning and implementation of projects.
- Good planning, integration and resources management skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to effectively collaborate with multiple disciplines both internally and externally.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presentations and report writing.
- Computer literacy: MS Word, Excel, Power Point-proficient level (minimum).
- A minimum of Bachelors/BTech degree with minimum 3 years of experience or National Diploma in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering with 5-7 years of relevant experience.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in plant installations or projects.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in staff management, performance management and leadership.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in capital/budget management (OPEX, CAPEX).
- PMP Certification will be an added advantage.
Solutions for a changing world. Our client operates internationally as a successful company. Last year, they were once again voted among the top employers by students in an Engineering Edition, and “Universum Top 100 Germany’s Most Attractive Employers – Engineering student 2017”.
One of the world’s top suppliers with ambitious growth targets. They set the global standard for excellence in a wide array of disciplines. They place great emphasis on mobility and security. They devise solutions that turn change into opportunity. With their technologies in the automotive and defence sectors they ensure these changes follow a safe and reliable path.
With subsidiaries in Europe, North America and Asia their focus is on Asia, the Middle East, South America, South Africa and African countries.
The group offers broad opportunities for development to anyone who wishes to face new challenges, and not only in traditional management careers. As a technology group, our client pays particular attention to the skills of technical specialists.
Seize the opportunity to play a key role with this exciting Global Leader. Work on cutting edge technology.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Installation Manager, Boskop (Potchefstroom) – Ref: 1066415-10
To view our other job listings, click here.