For an African Transport Operator. They design, operate and maintain short and long -term transport networks with strategic international/global partnerships. The position reports to the Business Information and Technology Manager with direct reports: IS Support Specialist; Business Intelligence Developer; Application Developer. Primary purpose: Manage Development IS Back Office team. Responsible for the company Information Systems architecture: The successful incumbent requires 4 years of experience minimum in a software development environment and a degree/diploma in Information Systems. This is a unique opportunity for you to play a part in adding value to Africa’s Infrastructure challenges.
Reports to: Business Information and Technology Manager.
Job titles of direct reports: IS Support Specialist; Business Intelligence Developer; Application Developer.
Key internal & external relationships: All staff within the organization; Suppliers and Contractors (IT/IS and others); Maintainer (Maintenance Company).
Manage Development IS Back Office team. Responsible for the company Information Systems architecture:
- Elaborate and maintain the company Information Systems Mapping.
- Ensure the IS performance of existing systems and future developments.
- Identify improvements to be implemented, definition of action plan.
- Management and integration of interfaces between the different systems.
Job description / core competencies:
- Responsible for Company Information Systems development and architecture.
- Manage the IS Back Office team.
- In charge of System development project management.
- Software development
- Scoping of IS projects.
- Business requirements gathering.
- Managing a team of developers.
- IT/IS Back Office Team Management
- Organization of weekly team meetings.
- Follow up on the team actions and projects.
- Management of IS Support Specialist, BI Developer and Application Developer (training, leave applications).
- Lead the design and implementation of program activities to information systems, and data for decision making.
- Provide strategic oversight and technical assistance to strengthen information systems.
- Collaborate with other departments to support systems requirements and changes.
- Lead the development of technical strategies to support the introduction, scale-up, and sustainability of innovative technology and data management tools.
- IS projects Management
- Project management (links with other departments and external stakeholders) for the implementation and upgrade of systems.
- Planning and Cost tracking of these projects to ensure reliance with the department budget and company deadlines.
Desirable Traits ‘IS Architecture:
- SQL Database architecture.
- Understanding of information processing fundamentals and best practices.
- Skills to elaborate and deploy improvement plans.
- Knowledge about reporting tools and workflow systems.
- Project Management.
- Soft Skills
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Team player.
- Strong analytical and conceptual mind.
- Problem-solving attitude.
- Curiosity towards new IS and data sciences trends.
- Knowledge of Prince 2 will be an added advantage.
Location (country, city): Midrand, Gauteng
Job Qualification & Experience:
4 years of experience minimum in a software development environment
Degree/Diploma in Information Systems Qualification
Other Technical/ Professional Skills/Qualifications
IT Project Management
Power Business Intelligence
Good Verbal Communication
Good Written Communication
Language Ability Fluent in English
Innovative & sustainable transportation operators (operations and maintenance) in Africa, with strategic international/global partnerships. They design, operate and maintain short and long -term transport networks that serve the well-being of their travelers. Providing world class customer satisfaction and safety performance. Our client is an equal opportunity employer and all appointments will be aligned to the company’s employment equity strategy.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Information Systems Supervisor – Midrand, Gauteng – Ref: 1211057
Information Systems Supervisor
To view our other job listings, click here