Our client, a well-known provider of energy efficient climate control solutions and air treatment systems across the globe, seeks an HVAC Technician. The suitable candidate will have a duel function in both the Wet HVAC / Refrigeration area and in the Agriculture / Horticulture area. Selected segments serviced: Your main and immediate focus will be on all agricultural and horticulture segments (swine / dairy / greenhouse / poultry) with future focus also incorporating commercial shopping centres (Woolworths / Pick ‘n Pay / etc.), hospitals, data centres, the automotive sector as well as all HVAC AHU / Air Cooled Condenser Manufacturers.
The ideal incumbent will be a decisive self-starter with an HVAC/Electrical Trade, HVAC / refrigeration / electrical / mechanical fault finding experience, PIC controller experience as well as a good understanding of dehumidification system design; prepared to travel and to be on call.
Remuneration package consists of a basic salary, pension, medical aid, company car, petrol card and cell phone.
Key work outputs (results required):
- Ensure service delivery as directed (geographically, by product line, by task, etc.) for customer satisfaction, revenue and contract development to internal and external customers.
- Perform warranty services and commissioning of installed equipment.
- Execute technical corrective actions (on and/or before site visits).
- Perform corrective repairs / maintenance visits (future).
- Provide feedback on quality situation and issues from field to the direct report.
- Provide support to sales for replacement / special sales programs.
- Provide basic technical training after installation.
- Provide support to sales and marketing for congresses, exhibitions, demos, workshops, etc.
Country: South Africa
Job Qualification & Experience:
- HVAC / Electrical Trade Test (preferable)
- Fault Finding – HVAC / refrigeration / electrical / mechanical
- PIC controller experience (necessary)
- Familiarity with air training of HVAC systems beneficial
- Dehumidification system design (understanding)
- Able to liaise with client and identify their needs on site
- Prepared to travel and be required to be on call
- Self-starter and able to work on own, make decisions based on circumstance and fault findings
- Good admin (time sheets / job cards / technical reports / time keeping)
Our client is a well-known provider of energy efficient climate control solutions and air treatment systems across the globe creating the perfect climate for customers in a wide range of industries, the largest being the food, pharmaceutical and data centre sectors. Having been in operation since the 1950’s, they now employ around 3 500 employees in more than 30 countries.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
HVAC Technician Agriculture and Horticulture, Johannesburg – Ref: 120519-2