Driving, managing, and leading the performance of SHE activities.
Reporting to world-class leaders for a metal tubing manufacturer of modern facilities – the largest in the African continent.
Primary purpose: Provide management with advice and assist in providing a healthy, safe, and environmentally sustainable business.
Job description / core competencies:
- Coordinate all the HSE and compliance activities.
- Ensure compliance with the COID, NEMA, Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Monitor pollution & ensure environmental rehabilitation are conducted.
- Conduct hazard identification, risk assessment, auditing and inspection.
- Participate in SHE committee meetings and perform incidents investigations.
- Manage the Safety Management System and ensure safety compliance.
- Maintain and ensure compliance.
- Review of risk assessments to ensure that they are specific to each operation.
- Ensure that all legal compliances, regulations are being met, maintained and updated.
- Involved in audits (customer & internal), audit processing.
- Ensure that each employee and visitor is safe and free from harm.
- Ensure that we maintain all requirements of the ISO/OSHAS Standards and ensure that we comply with all NEMA requirements.
- Support operations and minimize process safety incidents by sharing process safety learnings from other operating entities.
- Advisory support to other departments on EHS matters. Ensuring site EHS compliance.
- Managing risk, mitigation of hazards and driving a zero tolerance level when coming to injuries.
- Give management guidance in terms of Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Update management and employees regarding changes in the Act.
- Implement health and safety management systems.
- Conduct accident/incident investigation.
- Review, update and maintain complete HSE integrated management system.
- Ensure the ISO9002 Quality Management System is well established and audited on an annual basis.
- Ensure highest standards are maintained for the test facility, and that all products are accredited with the SABS standardization mark.
- Develop, implement, and maintain emergency preparedness and response plans for the head site and branch offices.
- Analyse PPE needs.
- Review and maintain contractor management programme.
- Run awareness programmes for HSE and compliance.
- Monitor statistics and report on findings.
- Support sales, branch managers & procurement operations by liaising with customers on their HSE needs.
- Immediate focus will be to pick up on the technical nuances of the business.
Location (country, city): Johannesburg, Gauteng
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Degree or diploma in occupational, health, safety or environmental.
- Passionate about safety, health & environment.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in safety, health and environment in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, EQ, leadership and motivational skills.
- Focused, hard-working, results-driven, self-starter.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Good operational skills.
- Good computer skills.
State of the art systems ensure the highest levels of service in getting the right product to customers, both locally and internationally, on time. SABS accredited.
World-class manufacturer of metal tubing, privately owned company, having been established for more than half a century.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
HSE Officer – Johannesburg, East – Ref: 1202260
To view our other job listings, click here