Seeking a Graduate, preferably in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering, with the relevant courses and training and at least five (5) years’ experience in the same capacity in the petrochemical industry. Company provides single-status relocation cost, company accommodation, transport to work and back, medical insurance, 3 meals per day, relaxation facilities, laundry, 30 days leave per year, one flight ticket per year, tax free.
Type: Contract (duration of contract: 5 years).
Reports to: QHSE Manager.
Key internal relationships: Project Manager, Supervisors, QHSE Coordinator, QHSE Manager, Peers.
Key external relationships: Client HSE officers, Government bodies.
Primary purpose: To create a comprehensive Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Assurance (HSEQ) manual that has to be approved by the client prior to implementation.
Job description / core competencies:
- Strict implementation of all HSEQ policies and procedures.
- Facilitating the processing of all documentary and statutory requirements with the local government authorities.
- Constantly updating policies on changing statutes, specifically those governing the local environment (e.g. IBN SINNA, Industrial Area, Abu Dhabi Government, etc.) and global trends in general.
- Preparing and compiling periodic safety inspection/ audit reports and submitting them to the client.
- Reporting to local authorities regarding accidents that necessitate hospital visit, loss of life and those resulting to substantial damage to property.
- Reporting all Lost Time Accidents (LTA) and Restricted Work Cases (RWC) in the Knowledge Management System (KMS) investigator module and following up status thereof.
- Ensuring that timely and frequent inspection, testing and certification are conducted on all equipment as per requirements stipulated in the contract.
- Monitoring and observing, re-ordering stocking levels of all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and other safety equipment (e.g. fire extinguishers, safety harness, etc.)
- Chairs and presides all joint Safety Investigation with IBN SINNA and local authorities if necessary.
Country: Saudi Arabia
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Graduate, preferably in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering.
- Relevant courses and training from internationally-accredited safety organisations.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in the same capacity in the petrochemical industry.
- Proven capability to implement safety policies to a big organization in a multicultural environment.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Extensive network with local authorities and the industry in general.
- Excellent communication skills in both oral and written, bilingual preferred.
- Physically fit.
Subsidiary of a European goods handling specialist, offering a cost-effective and comprehensive package including optimized processes from design and construction to ongoing supply chain management, operations and transport.
In addition to vast consulting services for the local chemical industry they directly provide substantial know-how in the construction of logistics centres and the design of outsourcing contracts. Transport services for bulk goods including decanting from maritime containers into bulk goods equipment are being realized and they manage both overseas long haul and short sea transport to end-user locations.
Boasting a newly-built, multi-customer terminal with multiple storage silos, a container tipping platform and larger warehouse space.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
HSE Coordinator (Petrochemical Industry Experience), Saudi Arabia – Ref: 1098832-2
To view our other job listings, click here