An immediate opening for a Head of Site Operations to join our client based in Boksburg. The position provides an opportunity to enhance the performance and profitability of an organization that supports fundamental defence services. We are looking for someone who is passionate about engineering and manufacturing, who can be an agent of change and is unafraid to lead turnaround and transformation.
Primary purpose: The Head of Site Operations serves as the top executive of the manufacturing site and is responsible for strategy, budgets, people, financial outcomes and scorecard metrics. She/he is responsible for general management of all phases of plant operations including planning, manufacturing, maintenance and product warehousing; directs, manages and optimises the overall operations of the plant; coordinates plant level support functions including finance, engineering, supply chain management, quality assurance, SHE, IT and human resources to ensure alignment with overall plant operations; ensures that goods are produced efficiently, and that the correct amount is produced on time, at the right cost and level of quality.
Job description / core competencies:
- Provide leadership for the successful day-to-day operations.
- Ensure the creation and implementation of a strategy designed to grow the business.
- Coordinate the development of key performance goals for functions and direct reports.
- Provide direct management of key functional managers and executives in the business unit.
- Ensure overall delivery and quality of the unit’s offerings to customers.
- Oversee key hiring and talent development programs.
- Evaluate and decide upon key investments in equipment, infrastructure and talent.
- Communicate strategy and results to the unit’s employees.
- Report key results to corporate officers.
- Engage with corporate officers in broader organizational strategic planning.
- Supporting the development of a healthy internal culture of performance that retains key employees and encourages their professional development.
Country: South Africa
Location: Boksburg, Johannesburg
Job Qualification & Experience:
Professional and well-groomed.
High level of integrity and confidentiality.
Good communicator (verbal/non-verbal) with strong presentation and negotiations skills.
Effective decision maker.
Good problem solving skills.
Conflict handling and resolution skills.
Driven, confident , self-motivated and results-orientated.
Team player with good people management skills.
Mature with ability to tolerate stress.
Displays initiative with good levels of entrepreneurial spirit.
Strong leadership skills.
Organizational and planning ability.
Mentoring and coaching skill.
Computer Literate and able to operate the Microsoft suite of products (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
Solutions for a changing world. Our client operates internationally as a successful company. Last year, they were once again voted among the top employers by students in an Engineering Edition, and “Universum Top 100 Germany’s Most Attractive Employers – Engineering student 2017”.
One of the world’s top suppliers with ambitious growth targets. They set the global standard for excellence in a wide array of disciplines. They place great emphasis on mobility and security. They devise solutions that turn change into opportunity. With their technologies in the automotive and defence sectors they ensure these changes follow a safe and reliable path.
With subsidiaries in Europe, North America and Asia their focus is on Asia, the Middle East, South America, South Africa and African countries.
The group offers broad opportunities for development to anyone who wishes to face new challenges, and not only in traditional management careers. As a technology group, our client pays particular attention to the skills of technical specialists.
Seize the opportunity to play a key role with this exciting Global Leader. Work on cutting edge technology.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Head Of Site Operations, Boksburg, Johannesburg – Ref: 1066417
Head of Site Operations
To view our other job listings, click here