We are currently sourcing a Head of Retail, to be based in Ghana, for a Consumer Durable Distribution company to be responsible for planning, implementing and directing the entire sales, operations and expansion activities of retail outlets to achieve agreed objectives.
Requirements: Degree in Sales and Marketing or Marketing or similar professional qualification with 15 years’ experience out of which at least 10 years in similar position.
Type: 12 – 24 month contract
Primary purpose: be responsible for planning, implementing and directing the entire sales, operations and expansion activities of Retail Outlets to achieve agreed objectives.
Job description / core competencies:
Sales and Collection
- Drive sales performance in each store to achieve set target
- Ensure Maximum Sales and profitability in each region/area
- Ensures collections are as per the sales value
- Ensure compliance to with Company policies and operational guidelines
- Lead a team of store managers towards effective collaboration and attainment of goals
- Motivates & drives sales team for Sales target achievement – Top Line
- Networks with and develop strong working relationships with existing and potential customer’s base
- sound knowledge of retail operations/ SOPs and P&L
- Conduct training for all stores staff on product, policy and market
- Confers with clients to coordinate logistics and delivery timelines and to resolve complaints or eliminate delays
- Liaises with other company functions to ensure achievement of sales objectives.
- Finds stores best practice the function area of expertise
Growth and Expansion
- Plans and execute strategy for transition of department into full multi-brand, multi-category retail outlets
- Identifies good locations for new stores, initiate process for acquiring and setting up the store and bring the store to life
- Drives the growth of department from 28 to 50 shops in 2 years
- Ensures appropriate workflow management between staff through appropriate delegation of work
- Delegates responsibility to store manager and other staff
- Identifies training and developmental priorities for the department to ensure that all employees possess the requisite skills and knowledge to successfully perform their roles and responsibilities
- Coaches and mentor employees as appropriate to improve individual performance and develop a motivated and high performance team
- Exploring expansion opportunities through continuous market research
- Use understanding of the markets / competition / process and products available in the markets to provide positive feedback to the central product and policy team to stay ahead in the market
- Constantly keep abreast on market trends and competitor intelligence so as to build and develop effective sales and marketing strategies
- Brand Promotions & Brand Building, thus achieving the desired market share for the business vertical
Location (country, city): Accra, Ghana
Job Qualification & Experience:
- BSc Sales and Marketing or Marketing or similar professional qualification plus MBA
- Min 15 years’ experience out of which at least 10 years in similar position in Retails with an organization/ s of repute.
Competencies & Skills
Technical or Functional Competencies
- Excellent knowledge of the Retail Business
- Good knowledge of Stores development and management
- Proven experience in customer relationship management.
- Sound financial, analytical capability
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills are the crux of the Job.
- Planning & Organizing Skills
- Leadership (Taking Charge)
- Good Execution & Delegation Skills
- Decision Making
- Communication, Team work, Interpersonal Skills
- Networking Ability
- Achievement Orientation, Driving team & assign tasks
- Creative Thinking – Thinking out of box
- Strategic Thinking
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Head of Retail, Consumer Durable Distribution – Accra, Ghana – Ref: 1196400-17
Head of Retail
To view our other job listings, click here