Responsible for managing contracts for the manufacturing of proprietary equipment. Recent graduates that are hungry for knowledge, with the right aptitude and drive to get up to speed rapidly, will also be considered. Will be required to be self‐motivated / a self‐starter as this role is not discreetly overseen. Flexibility to frequent local and international travel to mine sites that utilize client’s equipment. The role will require site visits for the purpose of understanding the operation of the equipment as well as for the purposes of equipment commissioning and / or aftermarket technical support.
Our client is an equipment supply company focusing predominantly on the gold recovery processes. The predominant unit processes are Gold Leaching, Carbon Adsorption and Elution. Their equipment suite incorporates Mechanical Agitators, Pumping and Non-Pumping, Interstage Screens, Pumpcell Circuits, Carbon Regeneration Kilns and Electrowinning Cells.
Primary purpose: Responsible for managing contracts for the manufacturing of proprietary equipment.
Job description / core competencies:
The functional requirements for management of contracts include:
- Verify scope of work and ensure full scope is provided to client.
- Involve themselves in the checking of drawings.
- Place all orders associated with the manufacturing and assembly of equipment on suppliers.
- Establish and monitor manufacturing timelines to ensure completion of projects on time.
- Ensure quality of equipment produced remains high.
- Communication with clients to ensure contractual compliance.
- Manage all commercial issues relating to contracts i.e., costing, contract cash-flows and client invoicing.
- Responsible for the commissioning of equipment built.
- Foster a professional working relationship with the financial and marketing departments.
- Be involved in the tender / marketing process of the equipment in terms of design, costing, documentation, and correspondence required by the marketing department.
- Become actively involved in ensuring that the client after sales service levels are maintained / improved.
- Conduct commissioning and aftersales service visits to clients.
Location (country, city): Kyalami, Midrand
Job Qualification & Experience:
- A formal tertiary qualification is required – a bachelor’s Degree or equivalent Diploma will be considered.
- The preferred qualification would be that of mechanical engineering, although other suitable qualifications such as mechatronics / electromechanical will be considered.
- You will need to be amenable to learning and understanding the metallurgical unit process of Gold Leaching, Adsorption and Elution. This Metallurgical training and experience will be provided whist in the employ our client.
- Be prepared to develop an understanding of the mechanical design and operation of the range of equipment used, understanding the principal interfaces between the electrical controls and the mechanical operation sufficient to be able to fault find mechanical and operational problems.
- The kilns and electrowinning cells are controlled from electrical control panels that form part of the scope of work. An understanding of electrical controls or willingness to learn will be beneficial.
- 0 to 3 years post qualification related work experience is preferable.
- Be self driven and possess the ability to operate independently. Demonstrate willingness to develop their own knowledge base as the requirements of the position develop. Must also be prepared to work as part of a team and be prepared to contribute to the development of other employees by sharing of knowledge within the company.
- A knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook / Word / Excel) is preferred. A working knowledge of AutoCAD / Autodesk Inventor and MS projects would be beneficial.
- Must have good interpersonal skills as interacting, establishing, and maintaining good client relations at all levels is an essential component, and key result area of this position.
- Will be required to possess good time management skills as the meeting of client defined deadlines is an imperative key result area.
- The role will require site visits for the purpose of understanding the operation of the equipment as well as for the purposes of equipment commissioning and / or aftermarket technical support.
- A significant portion of the manufactured equipment is exported. You must be amenable to international travel and possess a valid passport.
Our client is well-known for their innovative approach to the design and manufacture of equipment that meet specific needs within the mining metallurgical industry. They have the in-house expertise to assist with scoping, sizing, supply, installation, and commissioning of capital equipment.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Graduate Mechanical Engineer for a Junior Projects Engineer – Kyalami, Midrand – Ref: 1203723-1
Graduate Mechanical Engineer
To view our other job listings, click here