An exciting opportunity exists to drive our client’s growth in Africa through the implementation of next generation technology as well as the management of existing projects. Our client is
looking for a candidate to join its team of leaders in ensuring the achievement of business objectives through contract execution and growth. The incumbent would ensure that the company’s purpose is
successfully distilled throughout their operations in Africa.
Divisional Business Management
- Ensure sustainable business management, team management and development.
- Manage country risk analysis, mitigations, digitisation and mechanisation enhancements.
- Ensure business planning and growth is aligned with the company’s strategy for Africa.
- Ensure strategy execution, innovation and continuous improvement.
- Conduct policy reviews and input to ensure Africa alignment.
- Ensure African country governance, compliance, business reporting to EXCO and Africa Boards.
- Accountable for company’s performance and sustainability.
- Leading and developing divisional management and staff to be effective.
- Develop a divisional leadership team that is innovative, visionary, ESG focused, and people orientated.
- Ensure compliance with all company people management practices.
- Ensure Leadership Team alignment with the company values.
- Ensure divisional and country financial performance management.
- Support and manage country financial audits, tax and financial reporting compliance.
- Support and manage country Cosec and statutory compliance.
- Evaluate country, client, project risks and opportunities.
- Evaluate divisional, country, operational, project, client, governance, safety, environmental, social risks for threats and opportunities.
- Understand company’s risk management framework, align with industry standards and ensure full compliance through operational management.
- Tendering processes and meeting approval requirements.
- Manage contracts to ensure business targets are met.
- Commercial management of contracts.
- Analyse operational activities, continuously scouting for improvement opportunities.
- Establish and maintain business networks.
- Explore opportunities for new business.
- Target new clients and opportunities.
- Initiate, support, implement company strategic initiatives for future growth and sustainability.
Customer Relations Management
- Regularly contact clients, ensure positive feedback and a 100% customer satisfaction survey rate.
- Assist Operations Managers in dealing with unresolved issues.
- Ensure SLA’s are implemented, adhered to and regular meetings take place.
- Drive innovation with customers and identify opportunities.
- Provide SHEQ standards and procedures that are aligned with client SHEQ programmes and company Group requirements.
- Assess SHEQ performance of site management through formal site audits.
- Suggest continuous improvements, corrective action and monitor performance.
- Liaise with company SHEQ Forum for support and assistance to division.
Managing the Team
- Select and appoint competent and passionate people aligned with company values.
- Assign work and ensure clear understanding of roles and responsibilities.
- Monitor accountability and performance via the Performance Management and Development system.
- Train and develop team members, create a culture of high-performance teams.
- Ensure policy compliance and ethical management of all.
- Understand asset management, its impact on financial performance and business sustainability.
- Support and manage divisional capital requirements, funding, returns, budgeting and monitoring.
- Support and manage divisional Asset efficiency monitoring.
- Ensure a maintenance system is implemented and maintained at all sites.
- Manage company proprietary equipment, IP protection and development.
- Ensure all activities have the necessary infrastructure such as IT or other to operate and thrive.
Location (country, city): Johannesburg, Gauteng
Job Qualification & Experience:
BSc Honours degree in Engineering, Management or Business-related qualification
MBA will be advantageous
15 – 20 Years applicable experience will be required
Skills, Qualities and Abilities required
Possess mechanical or civil engineering expertise
Demonstrate business plan development, budgeting and strategic thinking skills
Prioritise change management, project management, financial management, people development and ethical leadership
A trusted, South African mining services partner.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
General Manager Africa – Johannesburg – Ref: 1191742-5
To view our other job listings, click here