With an ever expanding crop set and experience gained in South Africa, Africa (Namibia, Nigeria, Malawi, Mozambique, Morocco, Kenya and Ethiopia) as well as globally (Argentina, Uruguay, Georgia, Turkey, Brazil and Swaziland), our agricultural consulting client boasts a team of professional soil scientists and crop specialists, offering bespoke services for soil management, horticulture and nutrition as well as irrigation and training.
Agriculture directly and indirectly employs 28% and feeds 100% of the global population. Through building trust and sharing hope, our client’s aim is to pioneer a positive change in agriculture thereby positively impacting every heart and every stomach around the world.
The Financial Manager Designate: Operations will be the link between the CFO and the different teams in the business, driving all processes in the company to adopt automation, best practice and technology and to manage special projects for the CFO.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage relationship with outsourced finance back-office.
- Assess current processes, research best practice and technology available in specific area, get buy-in from CFO, drive implementation pro-actively and independently.
- Managing the service costs and quotes system of the company.
- Managing special projects for the CFO.
- Finance-“link” between the CFO and the different teams in the business.
- Driving all processes in the company to adopt automation, best practice and technology.
Location (country, city): Somerset West, Western Cape
Job Qualification & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting or cost accounting.
- An honours degree and completion of articles at an accounting or cost accounting firm will be an advantage.
Desired Skills and Qualities:
- A desire to make a significant difference in a small and dynamic team.
- Team player with leadership abilities.
- Interest in business, entrepreneurship and building companies in general.
- Organised and neat, computer literate (MS Office), enjoy working in MS Excel.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Interest and passion to learn and understand the operations of the company, the costs in each team and the impact of each team on the finances of the company.
- Interest and passion to research the technology available to improve the controls and profitability of the company.
- Willingness to support other team members, even if not finance related support.
Building meaningful partnerships with clients, whilst striving toward a common goal of achieving long term profitable yields, our client sets the standard for best practices in soil management & fruit production through ethical and sustainable solutions and a commitment to providing an independent and unbiased consulting service to the producer through practical and scientifically sound recommendations.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR
Financial Manager Designate: Operations – Ref: 1156146-1
Financial Manager Designate
To view our other job listings, click here