Ref: Ref: 116703-18
Our client, a JSE listed, well-established company is looking to employ a Financial Executive that will be responsible for the full finance function within the Handling business.
The successful incumbent will be a financial professional with a highly commercial approach, be a qualified CA registered with SAICA and have 3-5 years’ relevant experience.
Duties will include:
- Prepare financial reports and present findings and recommendations to management and executives.
- Analyse the organization’s revenues, expense levels, profitability, debt and liabilities, credit conditions, and other financial indicators to forecast its short term, medium, and long-term cash flow position and evaluate cash flow needs.
- Responsible for all reconciliations.
- Advise senior management on financial matters of the business.
- Producing templates and consolidations for the business plan.
- Responsible of all local company compliances i.e. taxes, statutory reporting and company administration and policies (ensure corporate governance).
- Risk management and SHE and insurance reporting.
- Communication of financial information.
- Managing the finance team and providing strategic vision.
Provide technical expertise and advice on financial issues to functional or operational managers to help them develop revenue and expenses budgets, understand financial reports and manage their financial responsibilities.
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Qualified CA registered with SAICA.
- 3 – 5 years’ financial management and management reporting experience.
- A thorough understanding of other functional areas, e.g. operations and ERP systems, i.e. SAP would be preferable.
- Effective leader of team of professionals.
- Proactive, persuasive and creative.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff and external parties.
- Implementation and use of financial information to support business diagnosis, business strategy and business decisions.
- Ability to handle a large volume of information and present in an accurate and relevant format.
- Rational decision making.
- Creative problem solving (thinking out the box) and continuous improvement (challenging the status quo).
- An ability to see the “big picture” and understand the interdependency of functions.
- Maintain confidentiality of information at hand.
- Find ways to do things better or differently to save costs/time.
An ability to develop and grow businesses in multiple geographies including challenging territories with high growth prospects. Committed to sustainable development and playing a leading role in empowerment and transformation. The company has operations globally. Their success is based on inspired, aligned, empowered, results-driven, globally competitive, passionate people who create value through strategic innovation and continuous improvement. Our customers are more successful with us than with our competitors. Working for a global leader creates endless career opportunities for you.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partners: Engineer Placements and MCHIR