Our client currently has an opportunity for a Financial Accountant to develop and monitor internal controls for the inventory and fixed assets and to assist in the development of processes and procedures in other areas. Taxation responsibilities for the company include preparing transfer pricing, liaising with the tax department in the Netherlands, VAT and Income Tax calculations for review by the Senior Financial Accountant and Finance Manager. Financial accounting responsibilities for the company, including IFRS compliance and to carry out ad-hoc tasks as required.
Take full responsibility for the maintenance, controls and reporting of fixed assets, including:
- Create a fixed asset number as required when capital purchases are made.
- Review the fixed asset register on a quarterly basis to check for fully depreciated assets.
- Review the fixed asset register on a quarterly basis to check for assets which are close to full depreciation and assess whether the asset is still in use, or whether the useful life of the asset should be reviewed and adjusted.
- Additions and disposals are correctly accounted for.
- Depreciation is correctly accounted for by checking and posting the depreciation journal on a monthly basis.
- Reporting on a monthly basis to be provided to the Financial Manager.
- Balance sheet reconciliation prepared on a monthly basis.
- Reconciling items to be resolved accurately and timeously.
- Organise and conduct bi-annual fixed asset verifications, in conjunction with department heads.
- Resolve any queries from the fixed asset verifications and perform follow up action and any adjustments on a timely basis.
- Review the useful life and residual values of assets on an annual basis, in terms of IFRS.
Developing and monitoring internal controls for inventory:
- Work closely with the Warehousing Supervisor and Logistics Manager in the development and documentation of Standard Operating Procedures for the entire inventory cycle.
- Daily checks for accuracy of stock adjustments and ensuring corrective action is taken where necessary on a timely basis.
- Obsolete stock write-offs to be verified before financial manager sign off.
- Assistance with the development, distribution and monitoring of annual stock count procedures, in line with IFRS.
- Review of item cards for stock prices with agreed supplier contracts.
- Ensuring that stock is valued in accordance with company policy, i.e. FIFO.
- Implementation of regular stock cycle counts.
- Attendance of the annual stock count: Overseeing the variance analysis as well as the evaluation and write-down of obsolete inventory.
- Balance sheet reconciliation prepared on a monthly basis. Reconciling items to be resolved accurately and timeously.
- Following up on long outstanding items received not yet invoiced.
- Consolidation warehouse stock counts.
- Accounting for goods in transit at half year end and year end.
- Rebate register monthly checks and stock listing for company location.
- These processes will have to be for general stock and for project stock.
- Treatment of free costed stock at the end of projects.
Accounts Payable Foreign
Manufacturing Process – Controls and Processes
Revenue and Receivables
Project recognition and WIP reporting
Year end audit
Location (country, city): Cape Town
Job Qualification & Experience:
To date, our client has constructed & delivered 40 vessels to the African continent (countries include South Africa, Zanzibar, Angola, Kenya and many more). Vessel types constructed and delivered to date have included offshore patrol vessels, dredgers, tugs, naval craft and supply vessels.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Financial Accountant (CA), Cape Town – Ref: 687974-24
To view our other job listings, click here