A leading, industrial IoT company developing AI-Augmented solutions. Well-reputed for signal processing, enterprise-level software engineering, and deep domain expertise they design and develop technologies that solve problems, and add value, to key global industries.
Their client base spans multiple continents including, but not limited to, Africa, Australasia and South America. They boast a very dynamic and highly qualified team, passionate about their respective fields.
They do not micromanage, they look after their employees, and they are experiencing continued growth. This is the perfect time to join their team and to make your expertise count by changing lives for the better.
As they are expanding, they are looking to appoint a Field Support Engineer to facilitate successful solution delivery & maintenance on the instrumentation hardware, field services, IT (software) and remote support.
Key requirements: Degree in Engineering (Electrical or IT oriented) and onsite service experience (minerals processing and mining industry experience beneficial). Selection / troubleshooting and configurations experience in electronics (power supplies, PLC’s, Wi-Fi, flood lights, IP cameras and more) and in hardware (servers, network devices, Wi-Fi and other IT equipment).
A valid driver’s license and must be medically fit to pass client medicals & perform physical/hands-on duties; this includes a Covid Vaccination Certificate. Unfortunately, this is due to the nature of the role and our client’s industry.
Responsibilities will include:
- Installation and commission of company vision systems (incl. IP camera, IP laser, network.
- switches, LED lights, etc.) on client equipment such as conveyor belts and flotation cells, with a focus on:
- Sensor mounting and configuration,
- Network connectivity & configuration,
- Low voltage power supply,
- Software installation & XML configuration.
- Handover, training, and client engagement.
- On-going remote sensor health monitoring and diagnostics:
- Remote monitoring and remote maintenance of company sensors in the field.
- Regularly liaising with client to troubleshoot technical issues and to advise the customer.
- Remote setup, configuration, calibration and updating software.
- Debug sensor, OPC and data integrity problems.
- Automated troubleshooting toolbox and standard operating procedure (SOP) development to solve recurring problems more efficiently.
- Liaising with internal & client IT department regarding infrastructure architecture planning and maintenance.
- On-going field services:
- Travel to site – estimated at 20-30 trips per year (trip duration typically 2-5 days, but may at times be up to 4 weeks).
- Working closely with our Support Technicians based in Johannesburg & Cape Town.
Location (country, city): JHB/Pretoria, Gauteng
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Degree in Engineering (Electrical or IT oriented).
- Onsite service experience (minerals processing and mining industry beneficial).
- Software scripting experience (advantageous).
- Selection / troubleshooting and configurations experience in electronics (power supplies, PLC’s, Wi-Fi, flood lights, IP cameras and more) and in hardware (servers, network devices, Wi-Fi and other IT equipment).
- Experience in server and database hosting, as well as firewalling, etc.
- Experience in electronic fault finding and replacements.
- Knowledge in OPC communication and setup (advantageous).
- Comfortable working within a team of suppliers to deliver relevant solutions to a client(s).
- A valid driver’s license.
- Medically fit to pass client medicals & perform physical/hand-on duties, this includes a Covid Vaccination Certificate. Unfortunately this is due to the nature of the role and our clients industry.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR
Field Support Engineer – JHB/Pretoria, Gauteng – Ref: 1208469-6
Field Support Engineer
To view our other job listings, click here