This leader in the industry is looking for a Qualified Fitter to fill the role of Field Service Technician. The ideal incumbent will have a Mechanical Fitter certification with a back ground in Diesel Hydraulic Rail Environment and a minimum of 5 years of workshop/ field service/ rail industry experience including installing, servicing, rebuilding and/or maintenance of rail coupler systems or similar.
- Liaising with customer representatives regarding their technical support requirements.
- Personally conducting field service call outs, i.e. conducting diagnostic analyses and fault finding assessments to determine the root cause of technical problems, as well as doing basic repairs in the field.
- Actioning the escalation of complex technical problems and/or matters relating to customisations and retrofits to the sales team for resolution and support.
- Ensuring that all field service related admin documentation, i.e. job cards, inspection / assessment reports and field service call reports are accurately and correctly completed in line with best practice requirements.
- Handling and resolving all technical field service related complaints and/or escalating these to the appropriate areas for resolution in a prompt and professional manner.
- Identifying problem trends and implementing best practices to avoid repeat problems.
- Providing technical input and support, as and when required, with regard to the processing and investigation of warranty claims in the region.
- Support the Field Service Advisor by conducting regular proactive site visits to high value customers in the region to keep abreast of technical service requirements and changing needs.
- Anticipate client product and service requirements and assist the sale team by providing input into the client forecasting process.
Country: South Africa
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in workshop/ field service/ rail industry including installing, servicing, rebuilding and/or maintenance of rail coupler systems or similar.
- The incumbent should have a Mechanical Fitter certification with a back ground in Diesel Hydraulic rail environment.
- Other trades will be advantageous such as, mechanical and electrical fitter.
- Possession of a valid Code EC license is preferable – Code EB driver’s license is essential.
- Have an orientation towards customer service to conduct diagnostic and technical service maintenance visits in the field on an independent basis.
- Component rebuilds and repair experience (engines/axles or gearboxes).
- Qualified diesel fitter / mechanic N6
- Ten years relevant experience in the workshop/ field service/ commercial/ rail Industry
- Basic MS Office
- Valid driver’s license – code 10
- Technical and product knowledge
- Other trades will be considered including, mechanical / electrical fitter.
- Customer orientation
This leader in its field employs almost 40,000 people, generates billions in sales, operates in about 50 countries around the world and is one of the biggest family-owned companies in Europe. They offer varied challenges and good opportunities to development in the dynamic environment of an internationally successful company in the field of hydro power.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Field Service Technician (Rail), Witfield – Ref: 1026839-58
Field Service Technician
To view our other job listings, click here.