Global leader in the cyber security industry is looking for a talented and experienced Field Service Engineer for the Africa region.
Primary purpose: The Field Service Engineer (FSE) must be an independent and highly trained technical engineer, with knowledge of a wide variety of IT and telephony technologies, both software and hardware.
The FSE will be the first line of support for Verint products. The FSE is expected to travel frequently out of the country (~40% of the time).
Travel requirements: The FSE is expected to travel frequently out of the country (~40% of the time).
Job description / core competencies:
- First aid/troubleshooting of the customer hardware and software problems
- Follow the described SLA of the support plan document
- Managing the Service Requests (SRs) in the site logbook
Deliver clear escalation to Verint Tier 3 – logs first analysis, detailed description of the problem
- Installation of SW versions, fixes and configurations provided by Tier 3 and Tier 4 or 3rd party vendors Professional Services
- HW Maintenance of Verint equipment, replace/swap and follow RMA procedure
- Windows & Linux updates
- A/V update
- Configuration management – changes follow Tier 3 and Tier 4 instructions and configuration backup / restore
- System backups
- Weekly incident reporting to Tier 3 and Tier 4 to assure all issue will be known to all Tier levels
- Site survey preparations, documentation production and update.
Location (country, city): To be based Anywhere in Africa – working from own home
Job Qualification & Experience:
- 3+ years support engineering experience
- Proactive, highly motivated individual with strong customer Facing Skills
- Exceptional SLA management and reporting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to explain technical information clearly
Enterprise server hardware (e.g. Dell, Huawei, Cisco, HP, Dell, Intel, IBM)
Enterprise central storage solutions (HP, EMC, NetApp, IBM, Intel, HP) and technologies (SAN, NAS, DAS)
- Virtualization technologies (VMware, Citrix, Hyper-V) in clusters configuration
LAN network equipment configuration and integration
- Telecommunications protocols and technologies (GSM / GPRS / 3G / UMTS / 4G (LTE) / PSTN / SS7 / E1 / T1 .).
Analysis technology (Packet sniffing and capture. Data traffic and packet stream analysis tools).
RF knowledge – advantage
One of the global leaders in cyber security
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Technical Engineer (Portuguese or French and English speaking) – working from home anywhere in Africa – Ref: 1196766
To view our other job listings, click here