Field Sales Engineer for a national South African component distributor. They have been in existence since 1996 as a US based Billion Dollar public company. They are firmly committed to strive for the highest standards and to be a leader in the technology industry. They employ over 17000 people worldwide, and have component distribution operations in the Americas, EMEA and Asia Pacific, including Japan, serving customers in 70 countries.
Promote and drive sales of our Interconnect, Passive & Electro-Mechanical (IPE) product portfolio to existing and new customers. You will interface primarily with engineers in the electronics industry assisting them to use the latest technology/products/solutions and driving these to production. These opportunities would need to be logged into our CRM system. You will be required to arrange & facilitate meetings with customers in the greater JHB/PTA region, interface with suppliers (locally and in Europe) and assist colleagues locally with IPE opportunities they uncover. Other less-frequent responsibilities are to prepare advertising/promotional material, train the local sales team, attend/plan seminars, travel locally to DBN/CT and attend supplier training internationally.
Expectation for first 3 months: The first 3 months will be a period of intense learning and development.
– Receive training on our SAP system and processes.
– Receive training on our key lines & products from our FAE team.
– Need to do substantial self-learning on products & suppliers to supplement the above.
– Meet and build relationships with customers.
Key work outputs (results required):
– Customer meetings to unearth new opportunities and to promote new products.
– Researching products and solutions for customers (either to address a current opportunity or proactively drive innovation at a key customer/customers).
– Logging opportunities in SAP..
Country: South Africa
Location: Woodmead, Sandton
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Knowledge and experience of/with electronic components and their use in the design of electronic products.
- Organised, energetic & outgoing person
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information to technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong computer skills proficient in MS-Office tools, web-usage and web-based tools
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Requirements of the position:
- Bsc.Eng or a B-Tech and ideally 2-4 years design or hands-on experience
- ±15 Customer visits per week (normal week).
- 80% visits at top 20 customers or specified target customers
- Target 40 logged opportunities per month.
- Maintenance of existing opportunities for region based on system report every Thursday.
- Call plan to be entered into Outlook Calendar (corrected to actual visits at the end of the week).
- Respond timeously to customer opportunities and leads.
- Build relationships with engineers and related staff at customers.
- Work closely with sales people to drive business growth at customers in the region. Address opportunities generated by sales team and hand over appropriately once secure.
- Meeting feedback/notes to either be provided in Outlook calendar or in a separate report.
- Brief weekly report to be provided to Branch Manager, Technical Director & Sales Director during initial phase.
- Attend weekly call with FAE team (normally Friday afternoon) & ad-hoc training.
- Keeping up to speed on new products from our suppliers as well as technology and innovation associated with our industry.
Our client is a national South African component distributor, with its head office in Johannesburg, and branches in Cape Town and Durban. They service customers in the electronics
industry who design and/or manufacture products for the local and international market. Part of a US-based publically listed company.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Field Sales Engineer / Interconnect, Passive & Electro-mechanical FAE, Woodmead, Sandton – Ref: 1113622-1
Field Sales Engineer
To view our other job listings, click here.