A heavy minerals mining company is looking for a Project Manager (Feasibility Studies) with relevant heavy industry / mining / production environment, project management and feasibility study management experience. The purpose of the Feasibility Studies Project Manager is to lead multiple study teams in the detailing of selected project options and ensure the detailing is enough to assess viability of these projects.
The ideal incumbent will have 8 – 10 years of experience, a relevant honours degree, a tertiary qualification in an engineering discipline or substantial experience managing multiple projects. Project Management and Management Development Programme would be advantageous.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience: mining project development and execution experience with extensive operational and projects experience across the mining industry. Must have worked on large capital projects and be able to demonstrate success. Strong projects experience dealing with third parties (e.g. contractors, infrastructure operators, etc.)
Type: 36 Month Fixed-Term Contract
Primary purpose: To direct and manage project development for duration of project lifecycle and develop project plans and estimate resources needed to achieve project goals. Lead multiple study teams in the detailing of selected project options and ensure the detailing is enough to assess viability of these projects.
The Project Studies Manager leads the FEL 1, to execution phases including:
- Project delivery and performance.
- Effective safety leadership and behaviour modelling for the project team, contractors and construction workforce.
- Effective leadership of cross-functional teams.
- Developing of the studies and associated deliverables such as:
- Integrated project objectives and scope;
- Business case development and option analyses;
- Detailed engineering plans and cost estimations;
- Detailed Project Execution Plans (PEP);
- Controls plans and standards;
- Key project procurement and contracting agreements;
- Key material risks and mitigation plans (including risk register);
- Detailed Safety, Health & Environment (SHE) plan; and
- Documents required during the Implementation stage review process.
- Effective handover between stages.
- Enforcement of project governance controls in co-ordination with relevant policies and standards.
- Effective project reporting.
Travel requirements: To and from active projects.
Location (country, city): Pretoria, Gauteng
Job Qualification & Experience:
- 8 – 10 years relevant experience within heavy industry/mining/production environment, project management and feasibility study management.
- B Degree (Hons) relevant engineering qualification.
- Appropriate tertiary qualification in an engineering discipline or substantial experience managing multiple projects.
- Project Management or Engineering certification will be advantageous.
- Management Development programme would be advantageous.
- Mining project development and execution experience.
- Extensive operational and projects experience across the mining industry.
- Must have worked on large capital projects and be able to demonstrate success.
- Strong projects experience dealing with third parties (e.g. contractors, infrastructure operators, etc.)
- Track record in leading multiple projects.
- Good track record of mentoring junior/mid-level managers towards achieving organizational objectives.
- Good track record of interfacing with and influencing senior executives.
- Good understanding of mining and/or extractive industries.
- Demonstrated ability to manage contracts and contractors.
- Demonstrated experience of being involved in, and preferably leading, business improvement programmes and project management.
- In depth technical knowledge of how capital projects are delivered.
- Computer Literacy.
- Valid driver’s license.
A heavy minerals mining company.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Feasibility Studies Project Manager, 36 Month Fixed-Term Contract, Mining Production, Pretoria – Ref: 1152375-2
Feasibility Studies Project Manager
To view our other job listings, click here.