Primary purpose: This position will be responsible for ensuring the manufacturing department operates at peak efficiency in our facility located in Lagos, Nigeria.
The core expectations of this position include Meeting/exceeding:
- New and existing customer service requirements; and
- Operating objectives, and fostering a safe and productive work environment.
Job description / core competencies:
- Manage and evaluate machine resources to ensure productivity and minimal downtime
- Oversee a workforce of 50+ employees in the manufacturing department
- Reduce expenses and increase productivity across all product lines
- Ensure all employees follow industry standard health and safety guidelines
- Set production goals and communicate them to key personnel
- Establish workflow policies that enhance speed and efficiency without compromising product safety or integrity
- Create schedules for employees to ensure optimum staffing levels
- Provide motivation, support and guidance to all employees
- Communicate any problems or obstacles to senior management
Location (country, city): Nigeria, Lagos
Job Qualification & Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience in manufacturing operations, preferably in furniture
- 2+ years’ experience in a supervisory capacity
- Bachelor’s degree or High School Diploma plus 5 years related experience
- Excellent project management skills
- Proven track record of successfully training employees in productivity and safety
- Ability to coach and mentor employees on a one-on-one basis as well as a group
- Demonstrated computer proficiency using Microsoft Excel and Word
- Basic Skill in operating CNC machinery and tooling as well as precision measurement tools
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints (mechanical documents and drawings)
- Computer savvy with basic understanding of computer programming and CAD/CAM
- Mechanical aptitude and good math skills
- The individual must be able to perform all essential functions as appropriate on the plant floor, in meetings, and with employees, management, customers, and suppliers. Flexible and additional hours as required.
Global leaders in designing, manufacturing and suppling floors & ceilings, cabinetry, railings, wall cladding, glass works, custom made furniture and fittings.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Factory/Production Manager, Nigeria, Lagos – Ref: 1191299
To view our other job listings, click here