Our client, a well-known provider of energy efficient climate control solutions and air treatment systems across the globe, seeks a Factory Manager for their local business unit (sales and functioning operations site) focusing on fan production, assembly and controller/hardware service and technical support. Your immediate focus will be on servicing the agriculture, horticulture and ME segments, in future the business area will be expanded to also include wet air treatment / defence / components / commercial, data centres in Sub-Saharan African and services. You will coordinate the ties between the sales, logistics and production teams instructing procurements and managing inventory levels based on the sales pipeline.
Remuneration package consists of a basic salary, pension, medical aid, petrol card and cell phone.
Key work outputs (results required):
- Required to open and close office and factory.
- May need to work weekends and extended hours depending on production load and down time due to maintenance.
- Manage all factory staff (including Supervisor).
- Ensure production demand runs smoothly based on sales requirements.
- Uphold good maintenance procedures for all working equipment in the factory.
- Ensure all health and safety procedures are upheld.
- Adhere to and ensure all disciplinary policies are upheld.
- Ensure good housekeeping procedures are upheld.
Country: South Africa
Job Qualification & Experience:
- HVAC / Electrical Trade Test (preferable)
- Fault Finding – HVAC / Refrigeration / Electrical / Mechanical
- Direct contact with all Inter-Companies
- Understand sales pipeline / demand and ensure demand is met (planning / inventory / etc.)
- Basic to advanced knowledge on all products supplied within the business unit
- Manage the source of raw materials or services (check and sign quality assurance procedures – receiving)
- Instruct procurement on requirements (due to sales pipeline demand)
- Manufacturing (focused on productivity and efficiency and QA – dispatch)
- Instruct and ensure delivery and logistics (receiving and dispatch)
- The return system (warranty). The Operations / Supply Chain Manager tries to minimize QA defaults to drive down call outs and warranties ultimately keeping costs down
- Manage raw material sources (inventory levels), manufacturing
Our client is a well-known provider of energy efficient climate control solutions and air treatment systems across the globe creating the perfect climate for customers in a wide range of industries, the largest being the food, pharmaceutical and data centre sectors. Having been in operation since the 1950’s, they now employ around 3 500 employees in more than 30 countries.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Factory Manager HVAC, Johannesburg – Ref: 120519-3