Do you have your Diploma / Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering with 10 years of experience? Then this might just be the next step in your career.
Primary purpose: To deliver high quality professional facility service in facility management, South Africa that supports the needs of the business and focus on employee experience and safe working environment, by
defining the operational and delivery framework including short and long-term plans and ensure the same remains efficient, effective and fit for purpose on a day-to-day basis while ensuring required statutory
Responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manage overall Facility services like HVAC, Electrical, Solar system, Water Treatment plants, Generators, BMS, Security and Access control system, CCTV, Soft service, Landscaping, Fleet service,
medical service, Waste Management etc.
- Develop and implement a facility management program including preventative maintenance and lifecycle requirements
- Conduct and document regular facilities inspections
- Ensure that all works, and maintenance activities comply with current statutory requirements & SOPs, and that the Factory buildings and assets remain secure, effective and fit for use.
- Responsible for the vendor management framework and integrated services, in close collaboration with procurement team.
- Responsible for the total cost portfolio related to Facility services and drive YoY cost improvement
- Allocate and manage facility space for maximum efficiency
- Coordinate intra-office moves
- Supervise maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment
- Oversee responsible for facility refurbishment and renovations
- Implement best practice processes to increase efficiency Calculate and compare costs for goods and services to maximize cost-effectiveness
- Negotiate contracts to optimize delivery and cost saving
- Manage an external facility management staff while ensuring their performance management; including job descriptions, objectives and personal development plans that support the needs of the individual.
- Proactively assess risks and take necessary decisions to ensure facilities operational readiness and business continuity on a day-to-day basis.
- Drive continuous improvement with the help of available technology, with a focus on real time data, digitisation to ensure excellent service to all employees within your areas of responsibility.
- Ensure that the office premises are kept in good structural and decorative order and that lifecycle expenditure for refit and replacement of assets is managed efficiently with long term maintenance and service contract
- Verify payment and invoicing match contract pricing
- Plan and monitor appropriate facility management staffing levels
- Ensure efficient utilization of facility maintenance staff
- Performance manages, develop and train staff
- Prepare and track facility budget
- Monitor expenses and payments
- Generate and present regular reports and reviews of facility-related budgets, finances, contracts, expenditures, and purchases
- Develop and implement cost reduction initiatives
- Advise on and monitor energy efficiency Ensures adherence safety policy and follows up on compliance within own area of responsibility.
- Managing Facility Management operation such as Utility operation & Maintenance, soft service, Food & Beverage, Security services, employee transport etc.,
- Effectively manage the quality and compliance of facility management services across South Africa and interface with business managers to ensure all service standards are delivered or exceeded.
- To be the escalation point of contact for service failure and ensure required actions are taken on priority.
- Ensure monthly and quarterly management information reports.
- Full compliance with the agreed processes and ensure that agreed projects are completed on time, without major revisions.
- Regular health and safety audits on facility management services. Maintain good government liaison.
- Keep appraised of best practice in the industry by maintaining contact with professional bodies.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the internal stakeholders to ensure alignment of priorities and execute as a winning team.
- Motivate and lead a high performing team to achieve their objectives with necessary coaching and mentoring.
- Assess and improve the performance of direct reports through Performance and Development Reviews, in order to build an effective organization.
Location (country, city): Constantia Kloof, Gauteng
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Matric/Grade 12
- Diploma / Bachelors degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering with 10 years of experience.
- A progressive, dynamic and flexible approach to delivery of end-to-end facility management Services.
- An experienced professional with extensive knowledge of managing budgets, internal controls, vendor management, statutory compliance, risk management, building management including regulations
around electrical, mechanical, and civil works and other administration activity
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems proactively, develop opportunities and implement innovative solutions/approaches.
- Demonstrate high quality teamwork, implementing initiatives and working on own judgement and decisions.
- 15+ years of relevant experience in end-to-end facility management, including leading a large team of facility management professionals across multiple operating sites.
- Conversant with operating an environmental management system.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization, with high degree of inter-departmental coordination.
- An analytical mindset with excellent business acumen.
- Knowledge of statutory and compliances.
- Fluency in English language.
- Good computer knowledge
Global engineering company that provides productivity to the mining and cement industries.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Facilities Manager, Constantia Kloof – Ref: 1026839-143
To view our other job listings, click here