An electronic security equipment and systems distributor currently expanding and offering great opportunity for career progression has a need for an External Sales Consultant (New Business Development) with CCTV / Access Control / Electronics experience for their new Branch in the East Rand. The successful incumbent will be a well-spoken individual who is willing and able to learn and self-study to keep up with the changing industry standards.
The ideal incumbent will be a trader by nature, be goal-driven and have strong communications skills and a relevant qualification (Sales diploma or equivalent) with a minimum of 2 years’ B2B external CCTV / Access Control / Electronics sales experience. Able to land large corporate accounts, land and expand revenue within accounts, be technically minded (security surveillance equipment and other electronic security products). Have worked with CRM system or Excel based equivalent process. Strong Microsoft Office usage experience to promote planning and processes. Dealer base management experience & understanding of sales process.
Valid driver’s license and own reliable vehicle necessary; need to be willing to travel.
Reports to: Sales Manager
- Build & manage strong customer relationships with existing as well as new clients by engaging with the decision makers to uncover new opportunities to build effective pipeline.
- Identify new potential clients & promote sales by engaging weekly through call, email & visits to onboard new logos to existing dealer base as well as work closely with the NB Development Consultant.
- Set up meetings with decision makers & completion of post visit email afterwards for every meeting.
- Manage dealer base consistently by updating details frequently and analyse sales per product and category to promote healthy spread of sales across all categories.
- Service clients quickly, efficiently & professionally at all times.
- Offer proficient technical advice.
- Commit to mastering knowledge of the applications, features & benefits of all relevant product lines & solutions.
- Accurate drafting of quotations and solutions based on the specific needs of clients through existing resources.
- Articulate company’s USP and product matrix to clients.
- Drive daily plan process with accurate feedback.
- Reach daily call log targets.
- Accurate monthly planning & execution thereof.
- Meet monthly, quarterly and yearly sales targets by executing set expectations.
Sell the following equipment through security service providers:
- Electronic Security Hardware
- CCTV, Access Control, Alarm, Gate Automation & Electric Fencing,
- Commodity Tier 3 to the channel with upsell possibilities to Tier 2
- Create Approach Plan
- Call, Email, Visit with post visit emails
- Close Door Opener Deals
- Manage Delivery Process
- Mini- PM of Smaller Deals
- Oversee Opportunities
- Onboard new active channel clients across Gauteng.
- Gather vast amount of relevant information in a short period of time.
- Identify opportunities within companies by aligning their business & clients.
- Grow & expand revenue within these accounts.
- Hand over account process successfully and efficiently.
- Research & profile prospects.
- Pre- meeting planning 2 weeks in advance, min 3 meetings per day with post-meeting emails.
- Business Conversations with clients & establish buying process, hierarchy, opportunities.
- Completed Opportunity Plans (DQT) for larger size opportunities quarterly.
- Present company Product & Service matrix and VP to all clients, emphases on top brands
- Monthly & quarterly targets to be met sales related and meetings.
- Daily, weekly, monthly reporting.
- In-Field Call Review
- Weekly Expectations Review
- Weekly Opportunity Review
- Fortnightly Pipeline Review
- Monthly Account Review
Location: East Rand, Gauteng
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Grade 12 Certificate.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Preference will be given to N3 Diploma in electronics or higher qualification.
- Preference will be given to sales diploma or higher.
- Minimum 2 years’ B2B electronics sales experience in CCTV / Access Control / Electronics security industry.
- Able to land large corporate accounts, land and expand revenue within accounts.
- Technically minded – Can technically grasp Security Surveillance Equipment and other electronic security products.
- Have worked with CRM system or Excel based equivalent process.
- Strong Microsoft Office usage experience to promote planning and processes.
- Dealer base management experience & understanding of sales process.
- Strong prioritization of duties to maximize return on effort.
- Must be able to hunt for new accounts and then grow revenue in those accounts.
- Very strong with relationships – able to get people to rely on them.
- Communication Skills essential – telephonic, face-to-face and email etiquette.
- Accountability Motivated – Drives for Own Results.
- Fast learning of new information capabilities.
- Research & Profile Skills – LinkedIn, Who is, etc.
- Good Culture Fit – Accountability.
- Goal Driven and clear understanding of their goals.
- Planning & Execution of plan critical.
- Able to understand figures and analyse to benefit progress.
- Trader by nature – able to trade responsible with discount structures to maximize sales & profits.
An electronic security equipment and systems distributor specialising in in CCTV, access control, electric fencing, alarms and automation systems.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
External Sales Consultant (New Business Development), CCTV/Electronics/Access Control, East Rand – Ref: 1097288-3
External Sales Consultant
After that To view our other job listings, click here.