Our client provides a wide range of products and services to the steel industry in South Africa from their modern and comprehensive steel service centres and specialty steel divisions. They are looking to appoint an External Sales Consultant with proven sales in Carbon Steel to manage quality and consistency of product and service delivery, and to grow cash and account sales for the assigned area.
Reports to: Branch Manager
Primary purpose: The incumbent will be responsible for all sales activities in assigned areas. Manage quality and consistency of product and service delivery. Grow cash and account sales.
Key performance areas (duties & responsibilities):
- To fully understand all customers’ needs and requirements
- Ensure the on-going profitability of all customers
- Ensure that quotations and the expediting of these are followed up on an on-going basis
- Meet monthly budgets
- Weekly reporting on all calls and activity within the specified area
- Keeping the Manager informed at all times with potential projects, market conditions and potential problems which could affect sales at customers or competitors’ activity
- Entertaining customers and attending functions from time-to-time
- To fulfil any other functions required by management within the scope of the position
- To uphold the company’s core values, vision and mission
- Place orders of customers and capture on SAP system and follow up all orders
- Work closely with the finance department to manage and control account and cash sales
- Manage stock holdings for customers
- Open and grow new accounts
- Sourcing of stocked and non-stocked items
Location (country, city): Prospecton, Kwa Zulu Natal
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Matric / grade 12 qualification essential
- 3 to 5 years proven sales history in Carbon Steel essential
- Special steels will be an added advantage
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Must have sound working knowledge on MS Office and email
- Be able to apply their sales ability as well as their technical ability
- Must be self-disciplined and target driven
- High technical communication / negotiation ability
- Good reporting abilities both verbal and written
- Valid driver’s licence
- Lives company values
- Apply good governance principles
- Maintaining effective relationships
- Produce and maintain effective business results
- Providing excellent customer service
- Communicating with impact
Our client provides a wide range of products and services to the steel industry in South Africa from their modern and comprehensive steel service centres and specialty steel divisions.
The enormous processing plant in Germiston boasts state-of-the-art equipment and handles in excess of 700 000 tons of steel every year. They are able to maintain critical steel product stock levels, and have a vast transport infrastructure, which allows for rapid distribution of steel products. The branch incorporates all of the company’s products, services and divisions (except for the tube division) and they distribute a large variety of steel to the local structural and plate industries as well as the export market.
Products include automotive, cash sales, fabricated steel, flat products, long products as well as open sections. Services range from blanking, coil processing, cropping, export and trade, fabrication, slitting and guillotining to merchanting distribution and a service centre.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
External Sales Consultant, Kwa Zulu Natal – Ref: 1114236-17
External Sales Consultant
To view our other job listings, click here