We are currently looking for an External Dispatch Supervisor to be responsible for planning and managing to ensure that all loads are presented for final release and all items are dispatched to site; project quality specifications & 100% delivery is achieved; safety targets are achieved; ultimately responsible to ensure that there are zero shortages on every project.
Requirements: A minimum of 10 years working experience in an operations / fabrication / production environment.
Reports to: Reports to External Dispatch Manager
Primary purpose: Projects which are well managed and delivered on time will result in satisfied clients which in turn will lead to repeat business
Job description / core competencies:
- Ensure that all resources are in place for all loading at points of dispatch.
- All requirements for loading are in place 1 week before loading.
- Ensure project loading/completion dates are met.
- Dates met as given by Project Managers
- Load procedure and specification per project.
- 100% adherence to project specifications.
- Prepare and pre-pack release items.
- Loads are packed and complete 24 hours before shipment.
- Ensure required type of vehicle and space is available with External Dispatch Manager prior to dispatch- Verify accurate piece count, calculate and communicate weight and dimension of freight.
Management of Dispatch Crew
- Management of dispatch crew and contractors.
- Daily planning meeting at 07h00am.
SHEQ Management Mara input
- Perform duties as per the following appointments:
- SHE Representative
- Participate in Incident Investigations
- Member of the OHS Committee
- Covid Officer
- Communicate and monitor Annual Safety Targets to ensure compliance
- Implementation of Viva Health and Safety System, (specifically on sites) including training, maintenance, system compliance and checklists, learning and improvements from incidents.
- Ensure all employees Safe Operating Procedures (SOP’s) are up to date and refresh training is conducted annually in January.
- Ensure all appointed personnel are competent and able to fulfil their obligations in terms of their appointment.
- Attend monthly Committee meeting
- Conduct weekly walkabouts to observe unsafe acts and conditions.
- Assist with the review and update of annual SOP’s/Risk Assessments to ensure that it is job specific.
- Conduct incident investigate for any medical, LTI or recordable cases.
STRUMIS Implementation/Maintaining Systems
- Make use of STRUMIS to control dispatch and to ensure 100% of items are accounted for.
- Use STRUMIS for the loading planning, and delivery of ALL assemblies.
- Scan “received and issued” delivery notes to ensure that all items are live in the system.
- Receiving all orders from supplier direct deliveries to dispatch points.
- Investigate shortages “to site” and analyze the root causes.
- Action continuous improvement efforts.
- In conjunction with Quality Manager ensure the team is working to ISO 9001:2015 procedures.
- Ensure regular and meaningful communication with the client representatives to ensure that logistics and dispatch are closed out effectively.
- Ensure that in all instances a promise made is a promise kept.
- Provide excellent and timely customer service by providing timely, accurate and detailed information to the External Dispatch Manager.
- Ensuring that relevant load documentation is saved on the server in packing list folder (load photos, item photos and delivery notes).
- Export projects delivery notes to be sent to the Project Co-Ordinator.
- Keep DR up to date.
- All supplier/subcontractor delivery notes to be sent to head office.
- Ensure that items are captured for external QC releases.
- Identification, analyzing and management of risks so as to achieve time, cost and quality objectives of project.
- A risk is anything that could potentially impact your project’s timeline, quality, budget and client satisfaction.
- Advise supervisor of any problems or irregularities within assigned transactions. Actively participate in problem resolution.
- Dispatch team meets on a daily basis for:
- progress made against key metrics
- holding team accountable
- sharing of knowledge
- team development
Verify and maintain records of incoming and outgoing goods and materials to site.
- Ensure that packing is accurate and in accordance with client specifications.
- Ensure that trucks are loaded correctly.
- Unloading and receiving of bough outs, signing of POD’s and returning the paperwork to the office.
- Ensure that all necessary consumables are in order and available for loading days. (Dunnage’s, pallets and flat planks).
- Report any problems that may affect the departing of a load to site.
- Lashing and securing of cargo inside container and skids.
Quality Assurance and set standard
- Ensure that the quality of the final product is to set standard.
- Trestle mark repaired
- Mechanical damages
- Colour code and labelling of prefix as per client specification.
Location (country, city): Kempton Park, Gauteng
Job Qualification & Experience:
- A minimum of 10 years working experience in an operations / fabrication / production environment
Desired talents (competencies)
- Strong track record of managing successful project teams
- Training/Development/Coaching – Actively & successfully trains people. Coaches & develops for promotion into positions where they succeed. People builder.
- Goal Setting – Sets fair stretch goals for self & others. Encourages individual initiative.
- Performance Management – Fosters high level of accountability through fair, hard hitting performance management system. Free with deserved praise & recognition. Constructive in criticism. Provides frequent feedback.
- Oral Communications – Communicates well one on one, in small groups and public speaking. Fluent, quick on feet, command of language. Keeps people informed.
- Written Communications – Writes clear, precise, well-organized documents and emails using appropriate vocabulary, spelling, grammar, & word usage.
- Knowledge and skills
- Excellent people management skills
- Ability to coach team members in-house and in-field
- In depth understanding of managing and motivating a team
- Excellent understanding of production processes
- Excellent understanding of key measurement and metrics which drive On Time, In Full, Always Safely.
- Very good computer literacy in Microsoft Office (Work, Excel, Outlook, Internet Browser,) and STRUMIS
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
External Dispatch Supervisor, Kempton Park, Gauteng – Ref: 1203937-10
External Dispatch Supervisor
To view our other job listings, click here