We are currently sourcing an External Dispatch Manager to ensure load planning and resources are in place for all loading on site.
- A minimum of 10 years working experience in an operations / fabrication / production environment
Reports to: Project Managers
Job description / core competencies:
Top four outcomes of role:
- Planning and managing to ensure that all parts per project are presented for loading and final dispatch to site (ON TIME.)
- Project quality specifications & 100% delivery is achieved (IN FULL).
- Safety targets are achieved (ALWAYS SAFELY).
- Ultimately responsible to ensure that there are zero shortages on every project.
- Ensure that all resources are in place for all loading on site.
- Clients: Communicate and plan loads with the client Expeditors.
- Ensure project loading/completion dates are met.
Management of external load supervisors
- Management of dispatch clerks, materials handlers and supervisors.
- Department meeting weekly on site.
SHEQ management mara input
- Perform duties as per the following appointments:
- SHE Representative
- Incident Investigator
- Member of the OHS Committee
- Covid Officer
- Ensure that the duties of his employer as contemplated in this Act are properly discharged.
- Communicate and monitor annual safety targets to ensure compliance.
- Implementation of health and safety system (specifically on site) including training, maintenance, system compliance and checklists, learning and improvements from incidents.
- Ensure all appointed personnel are competent and able to fulfil their obligations in terms of their appointment.
- Attend monthly committee meeting.
- Conduct weekly walkabouts to observe unsafe acts and conditions.
- Assist with the review and update of annual SOP’s/Risk Assessments to ensure that it is job specific.
- Conduct an incident investigate for any medical, LTI or recordable cases.
STRUMIS implementation/maintaining systems
- Make use of STRUMIS to control production and to ensure 100% of items are accounted for.
- Use STRUMIS for the production planning, production control and delivery of all assemblies.
- Scan received and issued delivery notes to ensure that all items are live in the system.
- Investigate shortages and analyze the root causes.
- Lead continuous improvement efforts.
- In conjunction with Quality Manager ensure the team is working to ISO 9001:2015 procedures.
- Ensure that items are captured for external QC releases.
- Ensure regular and meaningful communication with the client and do all things reasonable to establish and maintain a good and deep business relationship.
- Ensure that in all instances a promise made is a promise kept.
- Administration of projects including writing of letters, early warnings, notifications & extensions of time.
- Identification, analyzing and management of risks so as to achieve time, cost and quality objectives of project.
- A risk is anything that could potentially impact your project’s timeline, quality, budget and client satisfaction.
Communication & meetings
- Lead (L) or proactively participate (P) in operational meetings:
- (L) Department meeting – weekly.
- (P) Project/planning meetings.
- Dispatch team meets on a weekly basis for:
- progress made against key metrics.
- holding team accountable.
- sharing of knowledge.
- team development.
- Annual performance reviews conducted for all subordinates.
- Develop personal development plan and commitment to key outcomes of the plan.
Location (country, city): East Rand, Gauteng
Job Qualification & Experience:
- A minimum of 10 years working experience in an operations/fabrication / production environment
- Excellent people management skills/
Ability to coach team members in-house and in-field
- In-depth understanding of managing and motivating a team
- Excellent understanding of production processes
- Excellent understanding of key measurement and metrics which drive
- On Time, In Full, Always Safely.
- Very good computer literacy in Microsoft Office (Work, Excel, Outlook, Internet Browser) and STRUMIS
- Strong track record of managing successful project teams
- Training/Development/Coaching – Actively & successfully trains people.
- Coaches & develops for promotion into positions where they succeed. People builder.
- Goal Setting – Sets fair stretch goals for self & others. Encourages individual initiative.
- Performance Management – Fosters high level of accountability through fair, hard hitting performance management system. Free with deserved praise & recognition. Constructive in criticism. Provides frequent feedback.
- Oral Communications – Communicates well one on one, in small groups and public speaking. Fluent, quick on feet, command of language. Keeps people informed.
- Written Communications – Writes clear, precise, well-organized documents and emails using appropriate vocabulary, spelling, grammar, & word usage.
Planning- Setting production plans in place
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
External Dispatch Manager, SMPP Steel Fabrication – East Rand – Ref: 1203937-1
External Dispatch Manager
To view our other job listings, click here.