We are currently sourcing an Expeditor to work together with the production staff, sub-contractors and suppliers to ensure the required project deadlines are met with the correct required quality requirements. Expedite proactively against delivery dates in the open orders report. Report accurately & plan proactively in the weekly meeting.
The ideal candidate: 12 years’ expediting experience in the fabrication of structural steelwork, tanks and chutes; painting and galvanizing; ceramic lining and rubber lining; Strumis.
Primary purpose: Project delivery dates are met (ON TIME) and production targets are achieved; projects are erected (IN FULL) closed out with no site comebacks; safety targets are achieved (ALWAYS SAFELY).
Job description / core competencies:
- Ensure the sub-contractors and suppliers stick to the delivery dates as per the open order report generated on Strumis. By utilizing the open order report reflecting all delivery dates, the Expeditor establishes whether the supplier or sub-contractor will be able to meet the committed delivery dates and if not the Expeditor needs to, in consultation with the supplier / sub-contractor, come up with an action plan to meet the required dates. If the dates are not going to be met at the sub-contractors / suppliers and no action plan can be agreed upon, then the Operations Manager, Procurement Manager and relevant Project Manager need to be notified. They will then give them an alternative date that the supplier / sub-contractor needs to meet. Notification to the Operations Manager will be via email (Project Manager / Procurement Manager in cc) and will be before close of business.
- During every visit the Expeditor needs to check with the sub-contractor if there is material missing and bring this to the CNC Supervisor, Procurement Manager and Operations Managers attention. Notification via e-mail, containing all relevant information (part number, material grade, quantity etc.) and will be immediate. The Expeditor will be responsible for the missing material or shortage of material, until it is closed out.
- Progress reporting must be done during every visit at supplier, sub-contractor, grating manufacturer, bolt suppliers and corrosion facilities, etc. Ensure that the progress obtained and verified is true and correct. Notification via e-mail and will be immediate.
- During external assemblies at the painters or sub-contractor it will be Expeditor’s duties to expedite against progress and commitment dates agreed upon and to assist in highlighting any material shortages and issues experienced during the assembly to the relevant company representative. The Expeditor will remain responsible until the material shortage is resolved. It is not duty of the expeditor to act in the capacity of a Supervisor to manage the sub-contractor.
- Implement and monitor lasting solutions to solve problems.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications. Evidence of improvements through department meetings.
- In conjunction with the Quality Manager ensure compliance to ISO 9001 procedures.
- Ensure that all sub-contractors use Strumis as per the sub-contractors guide lines procedure to scan assemblies from issuing for fabrication to dispatch into the correct process.
- Achieving of Annual Safety targets.
- Adhere to Company Health and Safety System, including training, maintenance, system compliance and checklists, learning and improvements from incidents.
Communication and meetings
- Lead (L) or proactively participate (P) in meetings:
- (P) Daily check in with Operations
- Manager & Procurement Manager.
- (L) Expediting meeting – weekly
- (P) CI Meeting – Bi-Weekly
Location (country, city): East Rand, Gauteng
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Grade 12
- Drivers License Code 8
- Proficient in MS Office, Word and Excel.
- Basic Strumis training.
- Expediting fundamentals
- Approximately 12 years’ experience in the fabrication of structural steel work, tanks and chutes.
- Painting and Galvanizing.
- Ceramic lining and Rubber lining.
- Able to read drawings (excellent)
- Boiler making
- Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement
- Planning / organizing and Expediting
- Results focus
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Expeditor, SMPP Steel Fabrication – East Rand, Gauteng – Ref: 1203937-2
Expeditor, SMPP Steel Fabrication
To view our other job listings, click here