Ready to take your skills into Africa? We are currently in search for a Products Development Buyer to grow domestic markets and achieve sales.
Requirements: Min 8 years’ experience out of which at least 5 years in a similar position. Marketing or similar professional qualification.
Type: 12 – 24 Month Contract
Reports to: Head of Electronics.
Primary purpose: Planning, implementing and directing the products development and buying for domestic markets to achieve sales objectives.
Job description / core competencies:
- Identifies & shortlists the products / principle / brand / OEM for sourcing.
- Finalizes annual business plans for various sales channels and support to achieve the same.
- Finalizes buying and sourcing plan and gross profit delivery.
- Contributes in finalizing the marketing strategy – conceptualizing and implementing marketing activity and coordination with agencies, budget, lead & manage marketing calendar, activities and communication, ATL & BTL Strategy for brands & relevant categories manages inventory – stock levels / ageing / PSI / sell out and reorder level and ensuring the supplies are received on time.
- Suggest advertising & promotional spends.
- GTM (Go To Market) sell in / sell out – planning & help in execution.
- Suggest product positioning, pricing & profitability, gathering and analysing market information and trends to improve product line up / range & gross margins.
- Take lead in commercial terms negotiation & finalization.
- Manages inventory – stock levels / ageing / PSI / sell out and reorder level and ensuring the supplies are received on time.
- Market mapping & segmentation, competition mapping, consumer feedback studies.
- Conduct training for all the channels and team on product, policy and market.
- Maintain healthy relationship with external and internal customers for sourcing / generating business and supporting team towards accomplishing business and corporate goals.
- Making training modules for different brands and categories.
- Organizing & providing training to internal & external customers.
- Ensures appropriate workflow management between staff through appropriate delegation of work.
- Identifies training and developmental priorities for the department to ensure that all employees possess the requisite skills and knowledge to successfully perform their roles and responsibilities.
- Coaches and mentor employees as appropriate to improve individual performance and develop a motivated and high-performance team.
- Exploring expansion opportunities through continuous market research.
- Use understanding of the markets / competition / process and products available in the markets to provide positive feedback to the central product and policy team to stay ahead in the market.
- Constantly keep abreast on market trends and competitor intelligence so as to build and develop effective sales and marketing strategies.
- Brand promotions & brand building, thus achieving the desired market share for the business vertical.
Location (country, city): Accra, Ghana
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Min 8 years’ experience out of which at least 5 years in similar position in sales of 2 and 3 wheeler with an organization/s of repute.
- MBA, Marketing or similar professional qualification
Competencies & Skills
- Technical or functional competencies
- Excellent technical knowledge of electronics sales and buying process
- Good knowledge of channels development and management
- Proven experience in customer relationship management
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills
- Planning & organizing skills
- Leadership (taking charge)
- Good execution & delegation skills
- Decision making
- Communication, teamwork, interpersonal skills
- Networking ability
- Achievement orientation, driving team & assign tasks
- Creative thinking – thinking out of box
- Strategic thinking
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Expat Products Development Buyer, Electronic Distribution (Bachelor Status) Accra, Ghana – Ref: 1196400-16
Expat Products Development Buyer
To view our other job listings, click here