Looking to take your electronic commerce skills into Africa? To achieve the objectives of the role you will need to be responsible for the day-to-day management of websites, optimising user journeys, and aligning efforts with the digital acquisition and retention teams using data and other engagement tools to brief optimisations.
Requirements: Min 8 years’ experience out of which at least 5 years in similar position in e-Commerce with an Electronics Trading organization of repute. Marketing or similar professional qualification.
Type: 12 – 24 Month Contract
Reports to: Head of Electronics
Primary purpose: This job role is responsible for the day-to-day management of websites, optimising user journeys, and aligning efforts with the digital acquisition and retention teams using data and other engagement tools to brief optimisations and achieve the objectives of the role.
Job description / core competencies:
- Products information.
- Ensures that all product data is on the websites including images, descriptions, products detail, and prices.
- Manages the overall critical path to get product information and photography on to the site on time.
- Ensures that products are easy to find and maximising sale opportunities.
- Makes sure that all the back-end office work is done to maximise merchandising opportunities (such as attribute compilation for onsite filtering purposes).
- Suggest advertising & promotional spends.
Stock & Analysis
- Manages inventory – stock levels / ageing / sell out and reorder level and reports same.
- Coordinate and communicate pricing changes to online team members and the customer service team.
- Prepares online sales budget, controls and forecast.
- Monitors and measures site performance, while using this to make recommendation and improve performance. Monitors competitor sales trend.
- Measures online conversion and identify tactics internally and with third parties to improve conversion rate.
- Report on weekly products status, product sales and think of tactics to improve sales.
- Develops in depth understanding of the customer requirements for all product categories, constantly reviewing category growth opportunities, trends, life of a line KPIs and size curve.
- Ensures appropriate workflow management between staff through appropriate delegation of work.
- Identifies training and developmental priorities for the department to ensure that all employees possess the requisite skills and knowledge to successfully perform their roles and responsibilities.
- Coaches and mentor employees as appropriate to improve individual performance and develop a motivated and high-performance team.
Online Market Research
- Exploring expansion opportunities through continuous market research.
- Takes ownership of on-site search, with responsibility to analyse usage, disseminate insight to the wider ecommerce team.
- “Collaborates with the ecommerce team on optimising the website customer experience / journey, feeding into decisions on content, functionality and layout across the site (e.g. homepage and navigation)”.
- Constantly keep abreast on market trends and competitor intelligence so as to build and develop effective sales and marketing strategies.
Location (country, city): Accra, Ghana
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Min 8 years’ experience out of which at least 5 years in similar position in e-Commerce with an Electronics Trading organization of repute.
- MBA, Marketing or similar professional qualification
Technical or Functional Competencies
- Technical experience with ecommerce platforms
- Knowledge of digital marketing channels
- Excellent attention to details
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills are the crux of the job
- Planning & organizing skills
- Leadership (taking charge)
- Good execution & delegation skills
- Decision making
- Communication, teamwork, interpersonal skills
- Networking ability
- Achievement orientation, driving team & assign tasks
- Creative thinking – thinking out of box
- Strategic thinking
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Expat E-Commerce Manager, Electronic Distribution – Accra, Ghana – Ref: 1196400-15
Expat E-Commerce Manager
To view our other job listings, click here