Solutions for a changing world. “Voted among the top employers to work for and 100 of Germany’s Most Attractive Employers – Engineering student 2017”.
One of the world’s top suppliers with ambitious growth targets. They set the global standard for excellence in a wide array of disciplines. They devise solutions that turn change into opportunity.
Currently sourcing a Chartered Accountant to assume the role of Executive Manager Financial Reporting and be responsible for the total financial reporting function of the company.
Reports to: General Manager: Finance, Controlling & Treasury
Primary purpose: The position is responsible for the total financial reporting of the company.
Key Performance Areas:
- Reporting of the results to key stakeholders including the Shareholders and Holding company in Germany in compliance with IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) and the Group Accounting Manual.
- Management of the reporting department to ensure sound financial control, adherence to policies, secure and accurate financial reporting.
- Monthly finalisation of actual financial results and preparation of a 3-month prognosis of the expectation of the financial results for the next 3 months.
- Preparation of financial information for communication and presentations in Board Meetings, Audit and Risk Committee Meetings, Finance Meetings and the monthly General Manager Meeting.
- Responsible for the preparation of annual financial statements.
- Manage annual budget process and the reporting of this budget to the Holding company as well as the 3 official forecasts during the year and the subsequent reporting of the forecast result to the Holding company.
- Recommendation on cost targets and company targets during budget and forecasting process.
- Budget and Forecast control and reporting to Management.
- Identification of risks that could have financial implications for the company and provide business advise at all levels of the company.
- Management, administration and recommendation on all provisions (creation and application) to cover all known future risks and liabilities. This relies on judgements and assumptions.
- Management, liaison and assistance in annual external audit process.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the finance team to provide efficient customer service to internal and external users of financial information.
- Develop, implement and modify financial policies, practices and ERP system.
- Assist and recommend in business decisions on economic viable and profitable transactions to make a positive return on investment.
Country: South Africa
Location: Somerset West
Job Qualification & Experience:
- CA (SA) with 5-10 years of experience with strong technical skills.
- Leadership abilities, communication skills and the ability to work with people.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Analytical, reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Ability to apply good judgement.
- Computer skills, presentation skills and good knowledge of power point.
- Working knowledge of ERP system (SAP) in a manufacturing environment is beneficial.
- High ethical standards.
- High level of integrity, confidentiality and office protocol.
Solutions for a changing world. Our client operates internationally as a successful company. Last year, they were once again voted among the top employers by students in an Engineering Edition, and “Universum Top 100 Germany’s Most Attractive Employers – Engineering student 2017”.
One of the world’s top suppliers with ambitious growth targets. They set the global standard for excellence in a wide array of disciplines. They place great emphasis on mobility and security. They devise solutions that turn change into opportunity. With their technologies in the automotive and defence sectors they ensure these changes follow a safe and reliable path.
With subsidiaries in Europe, North America and Asia their focus is on Asia, the Middle East, South America, South Africa and African countries.
The group offers broad opportunities for development to anyone who wishes to face new challenges, and not only in traditional management careers. As a technology group, our client pays particular attention to the skills of technical specialists.
Seize the opportunity to play a key role with this exciting Global Leader. Work on cutting edge technology.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Executive Manager Financial Reporting, Somerset West – Ref: 1066415-5
Executive Manager Financial Reporting
To view our other job listings, click here.