As Human Resource Business Partner on the Executive Management Team, you will be responsible to lead the upgrade of HR Shared Service and handle detailed program plans covering deliverables, program milestones, requirements, staffing and budgets. Establish and run KPIs, driving high-quality customer support in an efficient and scalable manner.
Offering support and delivering to expectations to ensure that the promise and service have been made on time and within budget and supporting the company’s growth and the engagement of the team. If you are employed with a mid-tier company, joining this larger company is an opportunity for promotion and development.
Dual reporting functionally to the CEO and directly to the General Manager Mining (both highly driven and results-orientated).
The objective of the position is to lead, guide and enhance the HR function to achieve the goals by collaborating with EXCO and the Mine Leadership team to create and maintain a high-performance culture.
Actively engaged with stakeholders (internal & external), to achieve business objectives and regulatory compliance of the Human Resources function.
Influence the business strategy by understanding the transformation agenda, legislation specific to mining and people management, and globally benchmarked people practices.
Reporting staff compliment: You will have approximately ten members in your team, including a Human Resource Development Superintendent, Human Resource Superintendent, Training Officers and HR Administrators.
Travel requirements: Will be required to commute between head office (Gauteng) and the Mine (Northern Cape), with most of your working hours based at the mine.
Job description / core competencies:
- Lead the development and implementation of the human resources action plan to ensure:
Business objectives are met.
People requirements are fulfilled through recruitment, capability development, management and succession planning
- Implement action plans to ensure:
- Positive employee relations, employee support for business strategy and no preventable industrial action.
- Effective talent management through skills analysis and Implementation and monitoring of training and development programmes.
- Implementation of reward policies and the performance management system.
- Employee efficiency through job profiling, job enhancement and labour productivity enhancement initiatives.
- Effective management of labour cost to ensure the effective use of human resources within the company’s cost structure.
- Manage HR compliance through:
- Effective development and implementation of HR policies, procedures, processes and systems.
- Effective management of HR systems (payroll, benefits, access).
- Compliance to meet the objectives of the Social and Labour Plan and those of the Mining Charter.
- Compliance to the requirements of labour relations (e.g. EE reporting, skills development).
- Provide or arrange the provision of expert services to the Board, Remco and the company in respect of:
- Compensation and reward.
- Collective bargaining and industrial relations strategy.
- Succession planning.
- Represent the company at external agencies as required.
Location (country, city): Mine: Northern Cape
Job Qualification & Experience:
Strengths / essential characteristics required for the execution of the position’s outputs:
- Balanced, observant, gentle and supportive by nature with a deep understanding of reality, timing and practical considerations (well-grounded), always clear in what is fair.
- Takes time with people, gets to the point and often sees things that others miss.
- Hands-on and actively engaged, leading well in a crisis “in the thick of the action”. You enjoy rhythm and harmony and therefore have the natural ability to create order.
- Skills and knowledge:
Demonstrable action planning and project management skills.
- Demonstrable managerial skills (planning, leading, organising, controlling).
- Report writing skills at Board level.
- Professional, excellent verbal and written communication in English, knowledge of one of the most commonly spoken languages locally will be an added advantage.
- Communication and networking skills at senior level.
- Microsoft Office Professional (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, etc.)
- Ideally 5 years’ experience working on a mine or in heavy engineering manufacturing.
- Key understanding when engaging and negotiating with unions.
- Demonstrable successes in managerial positions.
- Demonstrable success in Human Resources management and building effective teams (recruitment, performance enhancement & cultural integration).
- Demonstrable understanding of labour legislation.
- Demonstrable and working understanding of HR systems, e.g. remuneration, payroll, HR information systems, succession planning, talent development, discipline, grievance, collective bargaining, etc.
- Appropriate tertiary qualification(s) to support the role requirements.
- A tertiary business qualification (MDP, EDP, MBA) would be advantageous.
A fully operational mine and processing plant with the latest infrastructure – ore production over 3 million tons per year and growing.
Community Empowerment is an integral part of the company. They have invested generously in the small business development, healthcare and education sectors within the communities they operate within.
In the CEO’s words: “A diverse and inclusive culture, with attention to detail and a sense of urgency, supports the company’s Mission Statement, which is supported by the company’s values being integrity, empowerment, collaboration and sustainability”.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Executive Human Resource Manager (EE) (Part of the EXCO Team) Mining House in the Northern Cape – Ref: 744856-1
Executive Human Resource Manager
To view our other job listings, click here