Solutions for a changing world. “Voted among the top employers to work for and 100 of Germany’s Most Attractive Employers – Engineering student 2017”.
One of the world’s top suppliers with ambitious growth targets. They set the global standard for excellence in a wide array of disciplines. They devise solutions that turn change into opportunity.
An outstanding opportunity for a self-starter to gain strategic and operational insight into the defence industry and obtain invaluable business knowledge. The role requires a strong, action-oriented individual to execute and deliver on a number of strategic and operational initiatives and to support the SDM and COO in various day-to-day activities.
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
Primary purpose: To execute and deliver on a number of strategic and operational initiatives and to support the SDM and COO in various day-to-day activities.
Responsibilities and essential job function includes, but are not limited to the following:
• Support the SDM and the COO by performing advanced-level work of complex nature including planning, coordinating, organizing and producing reports that require a high level of discretion and confidentiality.
• Execute special or continuous research and data analysis tasks to provide meaningful information for executives‘ discussion.
• Coordinate activities between departments and outside parties. Contact company personnel at all organisational levels to gather information as directed by SDM/COO.
• Prepare business and operational reporting documents from various business areas.
• Prepare and compile advanced PowerPoint presentations/reports with minimal guidance, utilizing creative information sources to access needed data.
• Update all relevant business information as required.
• Consolidate and verify all business information received from different sources.
• Organise assigned portions of problem or project into logical components and develop a problem solving approach.
• Administer SDM/COO projects (if and when arises), including coordination of feedback sessions from work stream leaders, attending to any outstanding actions resulting from previous meetings and keeping record of all documents and communication relating to the project for efficient retrieval and response.
• Attend to any other ad hoc activities required by the company as instructed by the SDM/COO.
Country: South Africa
Location: Somerset West
Job Qualification & Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering.
• Diploma/Degree in Business Management would be an advantage.
• Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in high-volume manufacturing environment.
• Project management skills.
• Organizational and planning ability.
• Technical and analytical skills.
• Fully computer literate with an advanced level of MS Office.
• Exceptional communication skills (both verbal and written).
• High level of professionalism.
• Good problem solving skills.
• Needs to be able to deal with highly confidential matters.
Required Abilities / Strengths:
• Someone who thrives on growth, change and creativity with each day being a little different from the last.
• We need an “executor”, someone who the COO can count on to get the job done right, the first time.
• Someone who likes looking after people and making sure that things actually happen.
• Someone grounded, operational, organized and professional.
• Pleasant and engaging personality is a must.
• Ability to work ad hoc hours as dictated by business requirements and/or the urgency of projects and deliverables placed on him/her.
Solutions for a changing world. Our client operates internationally as a successful company. Last year, they were once again voted among the top employers by students in an Engineering Edition, and “Universum Top 100 Germany’s Most Attractive Employers – Engineering student 2017”.
One of the world’s top suppliers with ambitious growth targets. They set the global standard for excellence in a wide array of disciplines. They place great emphasis on mobility and security. They devise solutions that turn change into opportunity. With their technologies in the automotive and defence sectors they ensure these changes follow a safe and reliable path.
With subsidiaries in Europe, North America and Asia their focus is on Asia, the Middle East, South America, South Africa and African countries.
The group offers broad opportunities for development to anyone who wishes to face new challenges, and not only in traditional management careers. As a technology group, our client pays particular attention to the skills of technical specialists.
Seize the opportunity to play a key role with this exciting Global Leader. Work on cutting edge technology.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Closing date: Wednesday, 2 May 2018
Executive Assistant to COO (Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering), Somerset West – Ref: 066415-2
Executive Assistant to COO
To view our other job listings, click here.