An experienced Executive Assistant for the Managing Director of an international trading company.
The MD is a highly engaged, energetic and charismatic entrepreneur with a demanding schedule; he sits on the board of 7 other companies. He spends two weeks out of eight weeks in South Africa and has another Executive Assistant (French speaker) that supports him for the Turkey office.
The ideal incumbent will be smart, articulate, confident, organised, efficient, customer service oriented and grounded in executing tasks for a spontaneous MD. Confident to communicate with all stakeholders at different levels, multi-nationals in a corporate sales and marketing driven business.
Reports to: MD and/or Vice President Commercial (heads up SA office)
1 x Administrator to support you in this intensive administrative and “minute taking role” (on average 6 hours per day taking minutes in meetings for MD). Work closely with the Vice President – Commercial, other executives, department heads, external clients, and all stakeholders
Job description / core competencies:
Perceptive, extremely sharp, and confident, you can think on your feet. Able to execute tasks with minimum guidance, can work at a fast pace, highly organized and quick to understand the business & major stakeholders, suppliers, clients, etc. Not afraid to ask questions and not a “people pleaser” (no time for training or micro- management). You will need to ask the questions to make sure that you understand the expectations, have the right information and resources to execute the tasks.
- Prepare presentations in different subjects and proposals integrating Excel, Word, PowerPoint files and content in order to create executive level presentations and reports.
- Provide support for department management, including calendars, meeting set-ups, document preparation and department meetings/activities.
- Participate several divisional meetings and provide meeting notes together with action items.
- Provide support and assist different departments of company when necessary.
- Prepare and assemble communications with the management teams and external agencies to include notices, agendas, and other materials.
- Coordinate with offices in other countries (such as Turkey and Switzerland) for arranging meetings and calendars.
- Heavy calendar management requiring interaction with both internal and external executives.
- Coordinate a variety of internal and external meetings, conference calls, and web meetings across multiple time zones.
- Coordinate domestic and international travel plans, including expense reporting and reimbursement.
- Perform general administrative tasks (filing, phones, mail, scanning and data entry).
- Complete other projects as assigned.
Location (country, city): Sandton, Gauteng
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years previous admin support / PA/EA experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Fluent in Afrikaans and English.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Confident to engage with different countries.
- Highly organized office administration skills.
- Ability to proactively manage projects and willingness to pitch in as needed.
- Ability to comprehend, take notes and prepare reports in different subjects.
- Having good relation and network in SA corporate world.
- Ability to creatively solve problems and make informed decisions.
- Flexible and adapts to change.
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload and meet deadlines in a changing environment.
- Ability to learn new software applications with ease.
- Ability to work independently with attention.
- Available afterhours to be contacted by MD for any urgent matters.
- One element, which will be very important, is honesty/integrity and confidentiality of information.
International trading company supporting the African continent with industrial minerals, agricultural, chemicals and fertilizer markets. Established for over 20 years. A solid company with a diverse group of people. An owner managed culture with a passion for entrepreneurship
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Executive Assistant reporting to Managing Director of an International Trade and Investment Company, Sandton – Ref: 1208022
To view our other job listings, click here