Provide engineering support to South African operations. This will include, but not be limited to, the role out and standardisation of a maintenance management system. A strong focus on supporting the operational sites in terms of safety, quality, standards, auditing, and service objectives using continuous improvement methodologies.
The incumbent requires a Bachelors Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or a related technical field) with at least ten (10) years of experience in a similar role. With maintenance excellence experience in a mining operations environment including implementing upgraded processes, experience addressing site infrastructure needs. Processing, mining, and/or machine control systems experience, knowledge of CMMS, lean techniques, statistical analysis, and automated systems.
Our client is seen as an international, leading specialist in contract operation and maintenance (O&M) of metal and mineral processing facilities in the coal, platinum, gold, iron ore and diamond industries at major mines in several countries.
Job description / core competencies:
Provide engineering support to South African operations. This will include but not be limited to the role out and standardisation of a maintenance management system. The role will have a strong focus on supporting the operational sites in terms of safety, quality, standards, auditing, and service objectives using continuous improvement methodologies.
- Technical Lead for maintenance management and associated utilities to support SA operational sites and ensure appropriate maintenance standards are formulated and rolled out.
- Be a reliability subject matter expert to understand the critical aspect of condition monitoring requirements and be the point of reference for audits.
- Lead continuous improvement processes.
- Evaluate maintenance strategies to ensure the effective design and implementation thereof across all the sites.
- Maximize equipment reliability and reduce maintenance costs.
- Develop, review, and improve documentation such as Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions, etc.
- Lead repair programmes on equipment.
- Ensure that the QA and QC policies / inspection techniques are implemented for all equipment repair types.
- Critical analyses of all site equipment and spares requirements.
- Adhere to all regulatory requirements and participates in audits to enhance maintenance efficiencies. Monitors and follows up to ensure timely completion of all commitments.
- Participate in and write quality investigations and Change Controls as required and be the owner of applicable action items.
- Provide technical support for maintenance requirements to the sites as required.
- Optimize maintenance strategies (preventive and corrective) for the system.
- Work in conjunction with team members to ensure that the system provides a computerized maintenance management system, spare parts inventory, planning and scheduling.
- Work with quality, operations, and engineering to support the sites.
- Lead technical troubleshooting efforts to determine the root cause of equipment failures and underperformance and implement timely and effective corrective actions.
- Drive implementation of continuous improvement actions.
- Manage personal and project budget man-hours.
- Ensure maintenance requirements are in accordance with capital budget and quantities.
- Ensure proper change management procedures are adhered to.
- Assist with the budget process for the maintenance function.
- Ensure that all interactions with clients are conducted in a professional and respectful manner.
- Ensure that clients are kept informed and up to date on the status of project technical aspects.
- Ensure that their operations company remains the Clients Engineering service provider of choice.
Location (country, city): Woodmead, Gauteng
Job Qualification & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or a related technical field)
Experience and Skills Requirements
- At least ten (10) years’ experience in a similar role is required with:
- Maintenance excellence experience in a mining operations environment, including implementing upgraded processes
- Experience addressing site infrastructure needs
- Processing, mining, and/or machine control systems experience
- Good knowledge of CMMS, Lean techniques, statistical analysis, and automated systems
- Exceptional oral and written communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent problem identification, solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Excellent Computer skills, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong engineering project management skills
Our client is seen as an international, leading specialist in contract operation and maintenance (O&M) of metal and mineral processing facilities in the coal, platinum, gold, iron ore and diamond industries at major mines in several countries. Adding value to mining operations throughout Africa and the world with its unique approach to meeting the individual needs of its clients. The company is internationally acknowledged for its quality service and high standards and works with clients to ensure project objectives are pursued and achieved.
By joining our client your career growth is endless with recruitment at multiple sites and across multiple commodities. Work with experienced & specialised teams unrivalled in turning things around in the quickest, most efficient and most cost effective way possible; teams that have experience in every aspect of minerals processing covered from designing the process to building and then operating the plant.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Engineering Manager – Woodmead, Gauteng – Ref: 1199570-5