With a passion for developing, increasing, and improving safety solutions and productivity for the mining industry across the world, they are committed to new technologies today to build a strong foundation for tomorrow.
Located in Johannesburg, our client is looking for an Engineering Manager to be responsible for the effective management, designing, and product development of company products and systems. Overseeing and managing, and providing support to field operations, global product design, and quality within the company.
Ideal candidate will have Degree in Electrical Engineering and sound knowledge of coal and hard rock mining operations and processes in South Africa, engineering codes of practices, policies, and procedures.
Valid driver’s license with own reliable transport. Must be able to pass medical assessments.
Job description / core competencies:
- Coordinate and manage subordinates, facilitate interdepartmental communication, and allocate tasks, and resources as needed
- Manage quality process and staff, and performance of direct engineering staff
- Driving of staff development
- Discipline management on agreed company policies and procedures
- Computer Literacy (MS Office) and strong administrative skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to work under pressure and interact at various levels (interact with clients professionally)
- Ensure on-going quality controlling on company products and ensure advanced technical problems are identified and resolved within reasonable timeframe
- Weekly report tasks performed in that week
- Prepare accurate and timely reports to board of executives
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals
- Review all documentation associated with engineering projects, and complete mechanical analysis reports, review contract documents and fill out and submit necessary permit applications
- Create designs for new projects, and integration of technical/quality portfolios
- Make frequent visits to job sites to check on the progress of engineering projects
- Meet with lead engineers to discuss issues and work progression
- Ensure that projects are meeting specifications, and revise schedules or deadlines as necessary
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation and standards, including the MHSA, OHSA, ICASA and Explosion Prevention standards
Location (country, city): Gauteng/Mpumalanga
Job Qualification & Experience:
Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Valid driver’s license
- Own reliable transport
- Pass medical assessments
- Sound knowledge of Coal and Hard Rock Mining operations and processes in South Africa, Engineering Codes of practices, policies, and procedures
- Aware of best practices and new technologies relating to engineering (including electronic engineering) principles and processes.
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, and other tech products
- Good Project Management Skills
- Excellent Oral, cross functional and interpersonal communication skills. Good interpersonal communication skills both written. verbal, in providing step-by-step technical assistance, and problem solving
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Engineering Manager, Gauteng/Mpumalanga – Ref: 1188372-2
To apply, complete the form below or click here for full screen view.
To view our other job listings, click here
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org