Develop your career as a Technical Champion / Regional Manager for Engineering, Aftermarket and Marketing Services.
Become a highly skilled engineer with solid, hands-on experience solving project problems, proven success in applying engineering principles in the field, and exemplary technical and methodological skills in analysing, coordinating, and overcoming difficult problems. A high-energy professional, a strategic problem solver who proposes intelligent solutions and implements them with vigour.
You prefer to work in the field rather than be stuck in an office.
This position will require you to travel to the African continent as well as South and North America.
You will travel approximately 6 times per year for 1 to 2 weeks at a time.
The growth of your responsibility:
– Provide aftermarket service and support by re-engaging with existing customers who have already been sold equipment/solutions.
– Inquire with customers on how current equipment/solution are performing and provide solutions to optimize performance.
– Manage agents/representatives in different regions of the African continent.
– Perform on-site maintenance inspections after the sale to determine what maintenance is required for the equipment/solutions already delivered.
– Provide on-site consultation and training for equipment.
– Provide technical feedback and reports to customers following site visits, inspections and/or audits.
– Identify potential replacement or new parts required and identify new solutions to ensure optimal operation of mining plant equipment.
– Interact with suppliers/manufacturers to ensure spare parts are delivered/fabricated in a timely manner.
– Differentiate between operational, strategic, and critical spare parts and communicate these requirements to customers.
– Arrange for overhaul of equipment as needed and lead engineering teams to complete projects in the field.
– Propose and present new products/improved solutions to new and existing customers.
– Assist with equipment sizing, design and costing.
– Research and development projects and schedule equipment and technology trials on site at metallurgical plants.
– Supervise and mentor graduate and/or undergraduate students during vacation work periods.
– Prepare internal monthly reports for management on developments in the region for which he/she is responsible.
– Possess marketing knowledge in the responsible region to set realistic annual sales targets.
Reports to: The role will form part of the Marketing Department and report to the Management role pertaining to Service & Spares.
Primary purpose: To provide service to existing customers and to generate spare component sales opportunities.
Job description / core competencies:
The Engineer has two predominant roles, firstly the provision of continual after sales service and back up to company’s international client base, and secondly facilitating the sale of spare components to this client base.
Equipment is generally specified, procured and operated by clients having a Metallurgical background and understanding.
Equipment is generally serviced and maintained by clients having both a Mechanical and / or an Electrical background and understanding.
The Carbon Regeneration Kiln Panel and Electrowinning Cell Rectifiers are examples of equipment necessitating an Electrical understanding or aptitude.
The successful applicant will therefore require a combination of Mechanical, Electrical and Gold specific Metallurgical knowledge.
In order to service the equipment, the successful applicant will have to be prepared to undertake a significant amount of international travel visiting and servicing the mine sites utilizing supplied equipment.
Location (country, city): Midrand, South Africa
Job Qualification & Experience:
1. A formal tertiary qualification would be preferable but not essential. A bachelor’s Degree or equivalent Diploma will considered.
2. The preferred qualification would be that of Mechanical Engineer having an aptitude and sound understanding of Electrical components, particularly Control Panels and Rectifiers.
3. The candidate will have to be amenable to learning and understanding the Metallurgical unit process of Gold Leaching, Adsorption and Elution.
4. This Metallurgical training and experience will be provided whist in the employ of our client.
5. It must be noted that candidates having and Electrical Engineering or Metallurgical qualification will be considered for this position. However, the candidate will have to commit to obtaining an overall Mechanical, Electrical and Metallurgical understanding.
6. A minimum of 2 to 5 years work experience is required, preferably with exposure to the Gold industry.
7. An advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office is essential.
8. The successful candidate must have good interpersonal skills as interacting, establishing and maintaining very good client relations is an essential component and key result area of this position.
9. Will be required to be a self-motivated / self-starter as this role is not discreetly overseen.
10. Will be required to possess good time management skills as the meeting of client defined deadlines is an imperative key result area.
Our client is known for its innovative approach to designing and manufacturing equipment that meets the specific needs of the mining and metallurgical industries.
It has the in-house expertise to help design, size, supply, install and commission capital equipment.
An equipment supplier primarily focused on gold recovery processes.
The predominant processes are gold leaching, carbon adsorption and elution.
The equipment range includes mechanical agitators, pumping and non-pumping interstage screens, pump cell circuits, carbon regeneration furnaces and electrowinning cells.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Engineer – Mechanical/Electrical/Metallurgist – Midrand, South Africa – Ref: 118509-10
To view our other job listings, click here