A globally respected, South African based company that specializes in Electrical & Electronic Manufacturing and is consistently at a leading position of developments in modern electronic technology is currently sourcing a Senior Electronic Instrumentation Technician with 5 – 10 years’ experience in design, product development and production test equipment.
Job description / core competencies:
- Research, design, development, integration, test and qualification of Windows / Delphi-based test equipment.
- Improvement of measurement systems.
- Provide technical assistance to ensure smooth operation of equipment deployed in production, debugging and fault finding.
- Work closely with Design Engineers in R&D to ensure efficient production testing of designs.
- Delivery of measurement systems meeting performance and timescales as per project requirements.
- Technical documentation of instrument designs.
- Data analysis of test results and of instrument performance.
- ECP management.
- Configuration management of designs and of deployed equipment.
- Conduct field tests periodically
- Local and international travel will be required
The list of tasks / duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive, and the employer is entitled to instruct the employee to carry out additional tasks in accordance with operational requirements.
Location (country, city): Alrode, Gauteng
Job Qualification & Experience:
National Diploma Electrical Engineering (S courses) or equivalent specialising in Electronics or Instrumentation
5 – 10 years’ experience in design, product development and production test equipment
Light motor vehicle drivers’ license.
Skills & competencies:
- Design and testing of electronic circuits covering analogue, digital and RF.
- Experienced in measurement principles and measurement systems
- Programming skills in assembler and high-level languages such as C, C++ and Delphi
- Visual Studio & LabVIEW
- Windows and Linux based test platforms
- Database development skills in SQL
- Good analytical skills
- Statistical analysis of data
- Attention to detail
- Creative problem solving
- Communicate effectively
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Planning, organisational & time management
- Good technical writing skills
A globally respected, South African based company that specialises in Electrical & Electronic Manufacturing and is consistently at a leading position of developments in modern electronic technology.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Electronic Instrumentation Technician, Senior – Alrode, Gauteng – Ref: 1192210-13
Electronic Instrumentation Technician, Senior
To view our other job listings, click here