Boasting exceptional growth and success, our client provides complete electrical solutions (design, supply, automation & commissioning) to the commercial and industrial markets across South Africa.
They are currently looking to employ an External Electrical Sales Representative to join their ever expanding team.
Reports to: Sales Manager
Primary purpose: To achieve sales targets in the industrial market by selling their range of products and technical services.
Job description / core competencies:
- Meet sales targets through focus on key Industrial accounts
- Follow clear calling cycle for A and B customers
- Utilise Honeybee as a key tool for capturing client information and communicating back to the business per customer daily
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders at target clients
- Create clear organograms of all individuals on sites
- Identify opportunities for products and projects at target clients
- Communicate promotions and incentive schemes to clients as required
- Monthly analysis of product mix by customer to understand where winning/losing
- Maintain enquiry register with clear view of all project enquiries and status
- Work with Internal Sales to provide service excellence to clients
- Work with Internal to ensure all queries are quoted to customer within 24 hours
- Keep Honeybee updated with all meetings, queries and questions daily
- Follow up on orders and delivery with internal and relay information to client
- Manage any issues or queries efficiently and effectively to minimize impact on client
- Spend time in customer stores/environment to understand critical product ranges and relay this information to the internal sales support
- Make yourself available for technical support and breakdowns
- Have quarterly review sessions with the customer to understand upcoming capex spend, projects, concerns and areas of improvement for the company
- Take feedback from customers and have quarterly review sessions with Internal and build next quarter plan
- Ensure all accounts are managed in accordance with SOP
- Market company’s range of products and services
- Attend training on focus brands in the company basket
- Develop a good understanding of the company’s service offerings in Lighting, Water, Electrical and Solar
- Identify opportunities for new products or projects and take technical specialist to scope and design solution
- Take relevant Suppliers to customers to grow brand understanding/awareness
- Manage profitability of Accounts
- Continuously monitor your margin on target accounts- monthly
- Understand your product mix and where you are losing/gaining margin in your monthly review
- Support Internal in administrative aspects of account management
- Assist in closing off outstanding order numbers
- Ensure accounts are paid in required payment period and assist where there are issues
- Assist in other administrative needs as required
Location (country, city): Johannesburg
Job Qualification & Experience:
Must have sold electrical products to factories and industrial clients.
Must fit small company culture, must be a HUNTER, managed by achieving targets, must hit the ground running.
A very successful company providing design, supply, automation and commissioning services within the electrical industry. Recently expanded their areas of expertise to include all industries in the Electrical and Instrumentation fields and hazardous areas.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Electrical External Sales Representative, Johannesburg – Ref: 1026839-88
After that To view our other job listings, click here.