Solutions for a changing world. “Voted among the top employers to work for and 100 of Germany’s Most Attractive Employers – Engineering student 2017”.
One of the world’s top suppliers with ambitious growth targets. They set the global standard for excellence in a wide array of disciplines. They devise solutions that turn change into opportunity.
Our client is currently sourcing an Electrical Engineer with 5-7 years relevant experience in the Manufacturing Environment to oversee electrical designs and ensure installations conform to standards and customer requirements electrically.
Reports to: Manufacturing Manager
Primary purpose: To oversee electrical designs and ensure installations conform to standards and customer requirements electrically.
Job description / core competencies:
- Direct and coordinate manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes and customer requirements.
- Perform detailed calculations to compute and establish manufacturing, construction and installation standards and specifications.
- Confer with project managers, customers and others to discuss existing or potential engineering projects and products.
- Inspect completed installations and observe operations to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards.
- Prepare and study technical drawings, specifications of electrical systems and topographical maps to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements.
- Plan and implement research methodology and procedures to apply principles of electrical theory to engineering projects.
- Prepare specifications for purchase of materials and equipment.
- Assist in developing capital project programs for new equipment and major repairs.
- Develop budgets, estimating labour, material and construction costs.
- Operate computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
Country: South Africa
Location: Boskop Site (Potchefstroom)
Job Qualification & Experience:
- A minimum of Bachelor’s/BTech degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 5-7 years relevant experience in the Manufacturing Environment.
- PMP Certification will be an added advantage.
- MS Projects or similar project schedule package training.
- Knowledge of SAP.
- Excellent maths, science and IT skills.
- The ability to make and understand technical drawings.
- Analytical skills.
- Ability to explain design ideas clearly.
- Decision-making skills.
- An in-depth understanding and working knowledge of the manufacturing environment.
- Contract/contractor management knowledge and skills.
- Good planning, integration and resources management skills.
Solutions for a changing world. Our client operates internationally as a successful company. Last year, they were once again voted among the top employers by students in an Engineering Edition, and “Universum Top 100 Germany’s Most Attractive Employers – Engineering student 2017”.
One of the world’s top suppliers with ambitious growth targets. They set the global standard for excellence in a wide array of disciplines. They place great emphasis on mobility and security. They devise solutions that turn change into opportunity. With their technologies in the automotive and defence sectors they ensure these changes follow a safe and reliable path.
With subsidiaries in Europe, North America and Asia their focus is on Asia, the Middle East, South America, South Africa and African countries.
The group offers broad opportunities for development to anyone who wishes to face new challenges, and not only in traditional management careers. As a technology group, our client pays particular attention to the skills of technical specialists.
Seize the opportunity to play a key role with this exciting Global Leader. Work on cutting edge technology.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Electrical Engineer, Boskop (Potchefstroom) – Ref: 1066415-9
To view our other job listings, click here.