A well-known manufacturer and supplier of Vibrating Screens, Decks and Feeders is sourcing a Drawing Office Manager to manage the production-related activities within the technical department. The ideal incumbent will have 10+ years of 3D mechanical CAD modelling and drafting experience, 5+ years in a management role, a B.Tech degree and sheet metal experience.
Reports to: COO
Primary purpose: To manage the production-related activities within the technical department.
Travel requirements: Minimum travelling required
- Responsible to manage the pre-sales and production drawing functions.
- Responsible to attend and participate in job handover meetings.
- Ensure all drawings and bill of materials are delivered on-time.
- Ensure that all outputs from the department conform to the required technical standards and specifications.
- Responsible for promoting uniformity of CAD modelling so that any designer can resume work from another designer.
- Develop, implement and enforce internal department procedures and standards.
- Responsible to consult with engineers on new or changed designs before processing as jobs.
- Responsible to maintain an accurate electronic drawing office file structure for jobs to assist in as-built management and full traceability.
- Ensure sufficient checking of drawings and BOMs to eliminate NCRs.
- Countersign NCRs received by the quality department.
- Mentor, encourage the designers and measure their efficiency.
- Assist other departments when needed.
- Responsible to facilitate training. Induction to new employees in other departments as well as new designers.
- Manage all disciplinary and grievance issues (complaints) in line with HR policy.
- Ensure staff compliance to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Ensure company policies are communicated, applied and enforced with subordinates.
Location (country, city): Johannesburg
Job Qualification & Experience:
Skills and competencies:
- Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Building Customer Loyalty: Effectively meeting customer needs; building productive customer relationships; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction by providing world class engineering support.
- Communication: Clearly and succinctly conveying information and ideas to individuals and groups in a variety of situations; communicating in a focused and compelling way that drives others’ thoughts and actions. Engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Continuous Improvement: Originating action to improve existing conditions and processes; identifying improvement opportunities; generating ideas, and implementing solutions.
- Continuous Learning: Actively identifying new ideas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
- Contributing to Team Success: Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Initiating Action: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; acting to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Managing Work: Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completely efficiently and timeously.
- Advanced Calculations: To be able to work with numbers and figures and to subtract, add, multiply, divide, put together, classify or to get involved in any way of assessing numbers and figures at wide and diverse levels of difficulty or complexity and to produce an outcome or outcomes which are logical or could be seen/accepted to make sense.
- Comparison: To be able to see or compare, or to determine which objects or ideas either belong or do not belong together on the basis of similarities or differences or on the basis of any other features or characteristics that justify the drawing of any distinction between entities or objects of any kind, origin or consequence.
- Work Standards: Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
Minimum N6 or B.Tech degree and advanced draughting qualification
10+ years of 3D mechanical CAD modelling and drafting experience
5+ years in a management role within a Drawing Office (must at least have managed more than 5 individuals)
Sheet metal experience (preference for military and related)
Proficiency in MS Excel
English, Afrikaans and an African language will be an advantage
Manufacturer and supplier of Vibrating Screens, Decks and Feeders
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Drawing Office Manager, Johannesburg – Ref: 1025845-15
Drawing Office Manager
To view our other job listings, click here