A global, technology-driven supplier of high-quality products and services to the mining, mineral beneficiation and power generation industries, is looking for a Drawing Office Section Lead to manage the Drawing Office, including project management, staff management and to maintain an environment that supports the effective execution of customer orders.
The ideal Candidate will have and Engineering Qualification / Qualified Artisan with 10 years applicable technical experience in a relevant industry of which at least 3 years should have been in a senior capacity. Inventor (advanced knowledge of 2D and 3D packages) is required along with a driver’s Licence and willingness to travel outside SA borders if required.
Reports to: Operations Manager
Primary purpose: To manage the Drawing Office, including project management, staff management and to maintain an environment that supports the effective execution of customer orders.
Job description / core competencies:
- Proposal and costing drawings have no errors
- Designs are modified and revised to correct operating deficiencies or to reduce production problems
- Drawings are checked, approved and customer specifications are evaluated in order to meet installation requirements
- Oversee fabrication end product for design flaws/improvement, drawing processes are monitored and reviewed against deadline targets to ensure on time delivery
- Drawings are updated to as-built status on completion of manufactured items to ensure capture of design changes
- Administrative systems are set up, maintained and improved for the relevant production divisions activities
- Monthly reports are submitted by due date and participation in events and exhibitions as required
- Site meetings and visits are attended as required, consultation with Senior Management and business units as required
- Manage team and discipline is effected where required in line with company policy
- Contingency plans are developed to ensure drawing office sustainability and succession planning is managed
- Quality and safety standards are adhered to and integrated into design, procedures, design specifications and ISO standards are adhered to
- Improvement processes and systems are implemented to improve designs and minimise costs
- Calculations are automated to reduce lead times
Location (country, city): Kempton Park
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Engineering Qualification / Qualified Artisan
- 10 years applicable technical experience in a relevant industry of which at least 3 years should have been in a senior capacity
- Drivers Licence is required and willing to travel outside SA borders if required
- Inventor (Displays advanced knowledge of 2D and 3D packages)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel and Outlook) and JDE would be advantageous
- Customer focused, problem solver, can build a successful team, good decision making, communication, planning and organising skills, attention to detail, innovative, quality and safety orientated
A global, technology-driven supplier of high-quality products and services to the mining, mineral beneficiation and power generation industries, which caters for diverse requirements of most mineral beneficiation needs, with emphasis on maintaining close customer relationships and partnerships to ensure optimum solutions. Based in Johannesburg, with branches nationwide as well as further afield in Africa and Internationally, the Group has several comprehensively-equipped manufacturing facilities which produce specific product lines.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Drawing Office Manager, Kempton Park – Ref: 1008605-10
Drawing Office Manager
To view our other job listings, click here.